Avr vs. receiver in ht setup

nabster

Just food for thought!
Would it make a difference if we connect, 3D blu ray, tata sky etc via hdmi directly to the tv and just channel the audio to the HT amp via optical digital audio out from the TV ??? Will there be any loss of quality in the HT output???

Rgds/

Tks bro!
Just take it further, if we use head phone out from the TV to the amp. Possibility of degradation ???

When we r able to channel video thru the amp to the tv, why not audio from the tv to the amp? How is the hd audio affected???

Just4kix, Could you pls explain further abt your point abt hd audio or the lack off!???

HD audio is carried via hdmi only. If you connect to AVR via optical (or coaxial), you won't get HD audio. I thought that every audio book and AVR manual explained this part.

Pls correct me if i am wrong, I thought hd audio is carried via any digital stream....... Optical, coaxial, hdmi, aes/ebu!!!!

Pls correct me if i am wrong, I thought hd audio is carried via any digital stream....... Optical, coaxial, hdmi, aes/ebu!!!!
Optical/Coaxial connection has Bandwidth limitations & so unable to pass HD-audio through it.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back