B&W 685 - Good Price for Demo Piece

ap_hyd

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before..

I am looking for some guidance on what should be a good price for demo B&W 685s.

Thanks!

Keep in mind Demo peices are not in the best cosmetic state generally.
Secondly this speaker retails internationally @ 30/32K against the 45K (VAT included) here, so if i am getting a demo unit I would be comfortable paying about 30K MAX for it.
Rgds

Thanks Dinyaar! That helps. The dealer wasn't offering deep discount on the demo over the 45K retail price. I was targeting similar range as you mention -- good to see I wasn;t way off :)

Off topic but...

Can you provide your opinion on the Jamo C605 vs Wharfedale Diamond 10.5?

Keep in mind Demo peices are not in the best cosmetic state generally.
Secondly this speaker retails internationally @ 30/32K against the 45K (VAT included) here, so if i am getting a demo unit I would be comfortable paying about 30K MAX for it.
Rgds

Based on what I know, their prices are excluding VAT.

Pardon me but there's a dilemma over the price of this speaker. Recently, a friend wanted to buy it & we find AVI in their pricelist mentions Rs. 44,900/- excl VAT. So add the VAT @ 12.34 or 12.5% and it becomes Rs. 50,400/- approx.

Question is AVI maintains their pricelist is without VAT yet they say the pricelist contains MRP prices. Now, MRP is ALWAYS inclusive of VAT. So, are B&W buyers paying VAT twice??

It would be nice if someone care to clarify the B&W pricing in India.

Question is AVI maintains their pricelist is without VAT yet they say the pricelist contains MRP prices. Now, MRP is ALWAYS inclusive of VAT. So, are B&W buyers paying VAT twice??

Most of the pricelists published are haywire normally. They prepare it once beautifully then the quality degrades over a period and after a while the guide becomes pretty useless. They should not be blamed as such as it's a very tedious job to maintain the prices month on month, especially when they are not selling them.

On the VAT front, MRP is always inclusive of VAT (unless specified), most pricelists publish prices inclusive of VAT (unless specified).

The best way to find the correct prices out is to call the dealer/distributor or look for similar discussions!

Most of the pricelists published are haywire normally. They prepare it once beautifully then the quality degrades over a period and after a while the guide becomes pretty useless
+1 to that

For Eg: In AV Max, the PS3's price is still listed at 25k. It was dropped to 20k almost 5 months ago:lol:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back