B & W Formation Duo Active speakers

audiodelic

Price - around 4.3L + 80k stands + 1.2L for subwoofer in future 2nd phase

Is it worth it ?
Many reviews on the web are praising it as one of the best active speakers ever, able to do 25hz extension due to dsp tuning of driver and special cabinet. Some also mention it is more neutral than b and w house sound, but still not completely flat like a monitor.

Im planning on buying it as option like buchardt A500 might not be feasible in india due to extra customs duty.

any thoughts / opinions it is one of the most expensive purchase for me at above 5 lakhs.
Other options pro monitors like dynaudio core 7

Is it worth it ?
Many reviews on the web are praising it as one of the best active speakers ever, able to do 25hz extension due to dsp tuning of driver and special cabinet. Some also mention it is more neutral than b and w house sound, but still not completely flat like a monitor.

Im planning on buying it as option like buchardt A500 might not be feasible in india due to extra customs duty.

any thoughts / opinions it is one of the most expensive purchase for me at above 5 lakhs.
I haven't heard these. But the price does look overtly ambitious to me. Unless you firmly have to have a all in one, there are several other options in the pro world like focal, dynaudio and pmc. ATC would be on the top of the list for me if you can swing a ATC SCM40 active or their scm20 active .

Is it worth it ?

Absolutely no point in it..

Is it worth it ?

Why not KEF LS 50 wireless II? Recently auditioned Formation Duo and KEF for a friend and we liked KEF for a variety of music (yes it is person dependent). But priced at 60% of the Formation Duo price, LS50 wireless II is an option worth considering

I already own Kavi Active and Vanatoo T1 Encore.

Im basically also looking for an all in one solution that i can move around to the roof, carry with me on road trips. With pro monitors, will need to have a dac/preamp, this is like an all in one solution. Just have a aptx bluetooth DAP with this and its all set.

The reviews are extremely positive from andrew robinson calling them the best active speakers, but reviews for b&w are paid for i believe. But there are multiple reviews.

It does have high end continuum driver and a tweeter from the 700 series, and people also commented it is more neutral than the house sound of b&w.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back