Bada Purer 3.3 - Chinese amp

afj

i just received it. had read a lot about these chinese amps. didnt have the option to audition it but took the plunge. im not disappointed.

unpacked it this afternoon and set it up. the amp is solid. all of 24kgs. nice brushed aluminium front with a few buttons. minimalistic look. the remote looks cheap but is solid. again i think 10 buttons on it.

i;ve got the nad c272 so im going to compare it with that. the biggest area of improvement was the bass. the nads bass was laid back and a little boomy. this is much tighter and definitely bigger. it had much better sound stage and imaging and a much more cleaner sound. it gives you a more live experience. the sound separation was better which i wasnt too happy with the nad. the bada was way more dynamic - really takes off when it has to. had a lot of headroom which gave it a lot of control over the music. anything more than 60% were pushing the rs6. very musical. it was a tad more forward than the nad but still warm all the same (thats one of the reasons i bought it). had the mids there in your face while not being bright in anyway. i preferred the nads highs - but thats perhaps because i like them rolled off a bit. also theres no bass / treble control on the amp where i could turn down the highs to my liking, but it does have 3 pre programmed settings. it also had a better range with it reaching down lower on the bass and higher on the treble. wasnt too happy with the performance with nad when it came to hard rock but the bada absolutely nailed money for nothing by dire straits.

below is a link with specs and pictures.

Kantarc?lar - Ses sistemi rnleri

my set up included monitor audio rs6 speakers and cambridge audio 640c cdp with decent branded cables.

costs about 800 usd fob china.

Last edited:
Interesting buy. Did you import it? How much did it cost?

What does this mean?

" The modes are class ?A? up to 10 watts then switch over to 160 watts A/B and up to 30 watts class ?A? then switch over to 160 watts A/B."

Can you elaborate?

Cheers

Congratulations afj! Your review was very interesting. Not the least because I also have a NAD C372. :)

What does this mean?

" The modes are class ?A? up to 10 watts then switch over to 160 watts A/B and up to 30 watts class ?A? then switch over to 160 watts A/B."

Can you elaborate?

Cheers

Gobble, most Class AB amps are like this. The first few Watts are pure class A. Now this one afj has bought does seem to have two such modes, one where up to a power requirement of 10 Watts the amp will operate as a pure class A, and the other where the amp will be a pure class A up to a power requirement of 30 Watts. So, in the second mode, for example, if you set the volume knob such that for the given speakers (RS6) the amp does not need to deliver more than 30 wpc, it will be pure class A amp. Beyond those thresholds respectively for the two modes the amp will seize to be pure class A.

Afj, Congratulations :clapping:. Does anybody else have a Bada in HiFiVision. I doubt it. Heard a lot about these Chinese amps, so would be very eager to hear more in detail. Please do let us know more after it burns in. What is the pre?

Regards.

Last edited:

What does this mean?

Can you elaborate?

Cheers

hi gobble yes i imported it. costed me about 800 usd fob china. a friend of mine imports products from china into here so i asked her to buy it for me and put it on her container, so no transport costs. am not sure how much the customs is but i guess in the region of 20%.

asit was spot on with his explanation of the switching of classes.

Congratulations afj! Your review was very interesting. Not the least because I also have a NAD C372. :)

thanks vortex. its a much more refined amp than the nad. the only part i think where the nad scores over is that the highs are a little thin on the bada and this affects the vocals a bit. but apart from that the bada is a level or two higher

What pre were you running the 272 with all these days?

Regards

was running it with the nad t163. i got a good deal on it. i heard the c162 as well but couldnt really tell that there was any difference. though purists would beg to differ

Afj, Congratulations :clapping:. Does anybody else have a Bada in HiFiVision. I doubt it. Heard a lot about these Chinese amps, so would be very eager to hear more in detail. Please do let us know more after it burns in. What is the pre?

Regards.

thanks asit. will keep posting as i listen to more albums on it as well. the bada is an hybrid integrated amp. a pre tube and power ss

I will correctly respectuosy the bada purer 3.3 2009 is not chinese is taiwanese and the construction of this hybrid integrated amp is very solid i own this amp since 2009 and never felt me the sound is very very excellenrt for a $1,000.00 they has a quality parts inside the hood so the high end gear in usa and europe is suffer for the quality of a construction of this amp enjoy folks

Have sold the amp since. It was too powerful for my room size. When i had it i had an open plan lounge dining and kitchen - about 600 sft and at normal listening i couldnt take it past 1 or 2 on the dial. Was very heavy on the bass. At the time was using my cdp as a source so couldnt really control the input volume, equalizer etc. Also from a refinement point of view, wasnt really up there. Dont get me wrong its a great amp, esp when you want to listen to hard rock, edm etc, but was lacking a bit in musicality and overall balance

Back