Baffle wall for a HT in a living room !!!

If you can do baffle mount, I would highly recommend it. Keep in mind, check the speaker locations for optimal sound before hand. Once you mount, very little chance of moving around.

Sure.. I understand that..

Below is the work in progress picture of my installation.

I have this setup since 2014. I do have pictures and need to dig those up. I will post those.

Looks great.. Please excuse me for too many questions.. Just wanted to understand your room dimensions, placement of L-C-R w.r.t it..

Is the L-C-R baffle partitioned above & below the rectangular section?.. Is there a calculation of how much the width & height of the L-C-R baffle should be?.. If you could share some more pics of your set-up during the baffle wall construction, would help me to understand better..

Here is a picture of the front wall without the Vinyl screen, where we have planned for baffle wall.. There is approx 9.75 inch depth to plan things for baffle wall..
vXb9VA3.jpg

A window to the left of the listening position, which can hold in-wall speakers / baffle wall on window for surr left..
aGPzfiM.jpg

A large opening towards the right hand side of the listening position.. A wooden plywood wall to be erected to make the room more symmetrical..
qaanIS4.jpg

The rear wall, which can take a baffle wall for Surr back L/R..
XEiB25y.jpg

Speakers that am thinking would do the job is Sonodyne In-wall series IWO 522.. - http://sonodyne.com/sonodyne-residential/prime/i-w-o-series/iwo-522.html
iwo-522-white-3.jpg

I like the idea of identical speakers and have it in my HT set-up.. If the above speaker would fit for a baffle wall, then i would consider identical 7 speakers in-wall for this room..

Spoke to National distributor of Sonodyne, A V Xplore.. Each piece of IWO 522 / 512 cost approx 17K + brackets for in-wall installation is an other 4K.. making it roughly 21K and some discounts for a single speaker..

512 is for L/R
iwo-512-white-2.jpg

522 is a dedicated center channel
iwo-522-white-3.jpg

Thinking of using 522 x 3 pieces for L-C-R..

Also can i mount an in-wall speakers to window.. I can remove a single window door in the below picture and flush mount the in-wall here.. So technically the baffle is outside the room..

A window to the left of the listening position, which can hold in-wall speakers / baffle wall on window for surr left..
aGPzfiM.jpg

Same way in a similar fashion, would erect an wooden wall to the right side of the listening position.. Can also mount the in-wall to the wooden wa

A large opening towards the right hand side of the listening position.. A wooden plywood wall to be erected to make the room more symmetrical..
qaanIS4.jpg

Same way i can mount the surr back L/R to baffle wall..

The rear wall, which can take a baffle wall for Surr back L/R..
XEiB25y.jpg

Is it a good idea for the speaker back-box outside the room ?..

Spoke to National distributor of Sonodyne, A V Xplore.. Each piece of IWO 522 / 512 cost approx 17K + brackets for in-wall installation is an other 4K.. making it roughly 21K and some discounts for a single speaker..

512 is for L/R
iwo-512-white-2.jpg

522 is a dedicated center channel
iwo-522-white-3.jpg

Thinking of using 522 x 3 pieces for L-C-R..

Also can i mount an in-wall speakers to window.. I can remove a single window door in the below picture and flush mount the in-wall here.. So technically the baffle is outside the room..

Same way in a similar fashion, would erect an wooden wall to the right side of the listening position.. Can also mount the in-wall to the wooden wa

Same way i can mount the surr back L/R to baffle wall..

Is it a good idea for the speaker back-box outside the room ?..
Is that a subwoofer dangling above the seating position… what weight does it have

Back