Bandish Bandits - An audiophile series

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
Also, @Sushant Sharma, check out the Hindi movie ‘Dance of the Wind’ (with Kitu Gidwani in the lead) from the late 90’s. It is also based on a similar soul search by a young Indian classical music artist, but goes deeper and has a subtle handling and slow pace the kind you might like. Another movie on singers, slightly different though (loosely based on Asha-Lata) I can suggest is ‘Saaz’.

Also, @Sushant Sharma, check out the Hindi movie ‘Dance of the Wind’ (with Kitu Gidwani in the lead) from the late 90’s. It is also based on a similar soul search by a young Indian classical music artist, but goes deeper and has a subtle handling and slow pace the kind you might like. Another movie on singers, slightly different though (loosely based on Asha-Lata) I can suggest is ‘Saaz’.
Thanks @SachinChavan will definitely check these suggestions out too.

Awesome series, Watching E07 and Really loved it till now. I bought my new HT a few weeks before and this series cant come at any better time.

There are some more musical Gems in case any one wants to explore, audio on TIDAL and Spotify
1. Harmony by A.R Rahman on Amazon Prime (mix of classical / fusion)
2. Tansener Tanpura (Bengali) on Hoichoi (classical gem in a mystery series)

Completed watching this season. It was a refreshing change from the routine crime/noir dark /underworld themes of most western/hindi series and an enjoyble watch. will there be a second season? BTW, thanks for reco, Sachin, otherwise i would not have watched based on mere reviews which were not favourable.

Obviously there will be a second season if the series does well. In the last episode they have clearly set up a Season 2.

just to add..another person whose opinion I would trust said to me yesterday that the series comes to its own post episode 3/4. She is closer to 70 and has been around the block. She finished watching the season and was very happy with it. I still haven't got to watching it back again (and I would still say the first two episodes didn't do too much for me) but I do plan to persist and pick up watching it again soon.

It’s so refreshing to not have an obscenity-laced revenge on, but a soothing, gentle drama. The first surprise is that the trio composes music for a ‘TV series’.
Just 2 weeks ago, I watched another classical-music based TV series in Bangla, Tansener Tanpura with outstanding music by Joy Sarkar.
It is so heartening to see the return of classical music in the mainstream, and that too at the hands of such accomplished musicians like the trio. They had already proved beyond doubt what they can do with a classical music base in Katyar Kaljat Ghusli, and produce an effortless encore here!

It’s so refreshing to not have an obscenity-laced revenge on, but a soothing, gentle drama. The first surprise is that the trio composes music for a ‘TV series’.
Just 2 weeks ago, I watched another classical-music based TV series in Bangla, Tansener Tanpura with outstanding music by Joy Sarkar.
It is so heartening to see the return of classical music in the mainstream, and that too at the hands of such accomplished musicians like the trio. They had already proved beyond doubt what they can do with a classical music base in Katyar Kaljat Ghusli, and produce an effortless encore here!

Is Tansener Tanpura a mystery show? I checked HoiChoi and there’s a Hindi version (dubbed probably) too.

Though there's a hint of mystery from the first scene, I feel it's a musical thriller... but, unlike the tension in a thriller that sets your heart racing, it's a light watch.
I liked the straight version with subs better than the dubbed.

I watched the first 2 and am also quite underwhelmed by the main actors- Radhe is insipid and the girl tamanna is hamming/slightly over the top. Naseer and Radhe's dad and mon are the redeeming actors.

Story line, music ,visuals are all really good but the lead actors let it down for me.. I wish they had better actors to hold the story together.

I watched the first 2 and am also quite underwhelmed by the main actors- Radhe is insipid and the girl tamanna is hamming/slightly over the top. Naseer and Radhe's dad and mon are the redeeming actors.

Story line, music ,visuals are all really good but the lead actors let it down for me.. I wish they had better actors to hold the story together.

Arjun, that’s a common response from many. The story grabs you from the fourth episode or so and don’t know what happens - either you get over the acting abilities of the two leads or they settled into the roles and performed better... but you start feeling the characters through them. I daresay your revise your assessment of the actors to at least passable by the end of the season.

Arjun, that’s a common response from many. The story grabs you from the fourth episode or so and don’t know what happens - either you get over the acting abilities of the two leads or they settled into the roles and performed better... but you start feeling the characters through them. I daresay your revise your assessment of the actors to at least passable by the end of the season.
4th episode too much for me , if it were not for the music would not even had seen the 2nd !

To wait till 4th episode is too much actually. If a series doesn't grab you in the first, mostly people leave it and move on. A few would go to second.

P.S.>I am yet to watch this and am sure this is a fantastic series overall if we go by FM's opinion.The music is refreshing as I said before.

For the season! Try listening till the end.

(Yes, the same duo who sang this in Bandish Bandits. Here in full musical resplendence)

Also, look at the number of likes and comments on the video. While purists might have their own qualms, the series has introduced new listeners to the genre. For example:

B3851FD9-3D8D-4D2B-8023-3718D0592B93.jpeg

Overall best hindi soundtrack in recent times, peppy tunes liked by my wife n daughter and soulful classical tunes to my liking. "Lab par Aaye" by Javed Ali is so refreshing to hear and watch each time.
Series is likable since it breaks from usual web series themes. Music lovers can skip to last episode and witness the finale which is a treat to watch n listen.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back