Bang & Olufsen BeoVox Cona connected to a class D amplifier (2 speakers output 50w 8o

toran

Hi,

I have a Bang & Olufsen BeoVox Cona subwoofer that I would like to use. The subwoofer is 6ohms (6ow), has 2 in connection and 2 out for 2 bookshelf speakers.

I have a class D amplifier rated (8-16 ohms, 2 x 50w channel) + 2 bookshelf speakers rated 8 ohms x 50 w

I would like to add the sub to my existing system. The 2 output from the amp (8 ohms) should go into the passive subwoofer (6 ohms) then the 2 output of the subwoofer (6 ohms) to the 2 bookshelf speakers (8 ohms).

My question:

is that possible ? the fact that the amp and the bookshelf is 8 ohms compared to the passive subwoofer 6 ohms will affect the system ? burn the amp or the sub. Please see attached picture.

What about the sound quality ?

thank you
Screen%20Shot%202017-11-05%20at%208.19.13%20AM_zpsxb0rs5qx.png.html

Re: Bang & Olufsen BeoVox Cona connected to a class D amplifier (2 speakers output 50

Hi

Cant see any pic in your post....

The proposed connection may work...for a while and it will heat up the amp....which you need to keep cool with an external fan....

Impedance will get affected and there are ample tools over google to calculate the outcome....also tools on connecting speakers in series or parallel.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back