Bang & Olufsen products

sgmane

Hi Folks,

I very recently came across bang-olufsen. Not heard anything on this forum. So just sharing the information here (those who did not come across these products) (COLLECTION - Bang & Olufsen)

Note: Impressive designs on some of the products below

Serenata Mobile
BeoSound series
BeoCenter

Not to leave alone the LoudSpeaker section (Beloab series Loudspeakers - Bang & Olufsen), designs are different too.

Any feedback on the performance & other reviews, products - any of you came across?

I find the dealers in Metros Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi and also in bangalore in india. (Need to check after all your comments/reviews , if any! :rolleyes:)

thanks

Last edited:
Dunno about sound
But very differnt esign and outrageous prices.
Check prices for urself.
I think same soud can be achieved in lower price or same money will give far better sound!!!
Forum any feedback please?

Very good looking to the point of futuristic/minimalistic look and expensive to boot. Performance is good. Not really sure if they would come in the high end spectrum of AV enthusiasts though. I use their A8 headphones and they are very good for the iPod. Apple makes amazing headphones and the A8 is no slouch compared to Apple's iPod headphones.

Hi Folks,

I very recently came across bang-olufsen. Not heard anything on this forum. So just sharing the information here (those who did not come across these products) (COLLECTION - Bang & Olufsen)

Serenata Mobile
BeoSound series
BeoCenter

Not to leave alone the LoudSpeaker section (Beloab series Loudspeakers - Bang & Olufsen), designs are different too.

Any feedback on the performance & other reviews, products - any of you came across?

I find the dealers in Metros Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi and also in bangalore in india. (Need to check after all your comments/reviews , if any! :rolleyes:)

thanks

Hi,
To answer your question in a layman's term, I would say that out of every 100 bucks you pay B&O. 60 is for the design factor and the rest is for the sound quality. I listen to B&O equipment atleast 5 hours a week ;) It all depends on what is important to you, what you're trying to achieve and how much you're trying to spend...

Hi Folks,

Serenata Mobile
BeoSound series
BeoCenter

thanks

They are reasonable quality equipment. Few years ago they built systems that you could only connect to their components. Talk about off the shelf idea?

The biggest gripe about them is that they do not provide even reasonable bang for the buck. So, hold off on your rupees and look at other brands unless style is your thing.

They were als known more for their headphones and car audio.

Very boutique'ish. United Colors of Benetton is a good analogy (retail not outlets)

Was strolling in Grand Hyatt when my colleague got me into the store. Glad i am came out with my trousers intact.

There is an integrated CD player for about 1.25 lacs, which sounds pretty much like my Creative PC speaker set for 3 K.

The remote costs 12,000 + VAT.

Was strolling in Grand Hyatt when my colleague got me into the store. Glad i am came out with my trousers intact.

There is an integrated CD player for about 1.25 lacs, which sounds pretty much like my Creative PC speaker set for 3 K.

The remote costs 12,000 + VAT.

Ramanujam, I think you are lucky they didn't charge you for having a look
at their products.

Warm Regds / Shailender

they are "higher end" in price than bose ..In sound too as they do some good research.
As mentioned by cranky on the Beolab 5 actives...which is audiophile grade...same for ICE modules which they have now spun off as a separate company.

if you are looking for VFM..look in the other direction:eek:hyeah:.But for those who are looking at Lifestyle products they are true High End (while Bose is more of a Middle class High End)

I too use their A8 headphones while travelling..its pretty good in resolution and does not bump up anything too much.

...And I just realized it is a year old thread :rolleyes:

I listened to a top-end B&O system (cannot remember models) in 87/88 in Ohio, USA at a Bangladeshi doctor's place. The sound was good, but when they told me the price I was literally falling off the very comfortable couch they provided me to sit in. However, the system looked absolutely beautiful.

It is at this same doctor's place I drove a white Porsche and a red Ferrari. The doctor knew I was a car-enthusiast at that time and every six months when he changed cars he used to call me for a drive.

Once I drove Ustad Vilayat Khan, the Sitar maestro in my Celica GT to this doctor's place for dinner. As we parked the car and walked up the stairs to the huge living area I could hear Ravi Shankar being played in that B&O system. Dinner went on smoothly as Raviji was being played. Afterwards whatever was to happen happened :D.

Regards.

I have driven the celica and then the Mitsubishi Eclipse way back in 1999-2000 in the.. the eclipse was simply amazing !

But driving even one of a porsche and a ferrari has only been a dream...

Square_wave,
Nope. I drive a mundane car (a Getz) now. Remember, a physicist cannot afford more. Was thinking very hard to get the Palio 1.6, but somehow resisted the temptation. I am old now. Anyway, I sold that spotless Celica off to a middle aged American lady before I moved to Germany. It really hurt when that car was being driven off for good from my place.

Audio_engr,
Actually Ustad Vilyat Khan was also very fond of cars. He took many rides in my car, not just once, and always in the passenger seat. Many other Indian Classical artistes have taken rides in my cars. Among them, only Hariji, the flute maestro, did not show much interest in cars. BTW, that doctor had an accident with that Porsche 911. He used to drive it very fast, and got several tickets and probably was even temporarily suspended (from driving). Somehow, he managed to spin off the highway (near his home), the car was in the air for 30-40 yards or perhaps more, but such was the stability of the car, it landed on the tyres, off the highway in a bush and the doctor was unhurt.

Arj,
The Eclipse was indeed very very good.

Sorry mod, for the out-of thread talk, but all this goes well with B&O :D.

Regards.

wow asit,u r one lucky person to have had such greats for company.amazing experiences,they sure would have been!!now,if only i could be as wealthy as that dr friend o urs :rolleyes:.yeah,the celica gt was a special car for the time(esp in wrc trim :D)!!

still remember writing to b&0 circa '93? and they sent me their catalogue promptly(used to have this nasty habit then of writing to every car manfr/etc for catalogues n stuff and most obliged!heh).their beolab penta series looked just out of this world!displayed the source at the base of the spkr!not to mention their earphones,telephones too:)sad:!!??) and to mention the speaker colour charts,amazing lifestyle stuff.in fact then a cousin of mine was using their slim,all in one wallmountable cd/tuner with the infrared glass door.work of art.just wave ur hand in front of it and the glass doors covering the central console opened up for access.a la startrek.heh.cheers

Most B&O Products are deadly expensive, average sounding and fabulous looking products.:lol:

.. and they go so well with the curtains and sofas :D

Looks like the most appropriate use. If looks matter so much, we could simply buy the outer shell to keep it in the living room. We can get music come out through some other ugly looking, but concealed (hopefully) system.

Sounds like a mistress in the living room simply because she looks good.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back