Basic AV Receiver

nithiraj.jio

Dear All,

I had a SONY Home Theatre (All-in-one) system. It was working fine for more than 12 years and now the amplifier is producing a high pitch hizzzing noise ( whistle ), which the service center said they cannot fix it as it is too old.

So, I am left with 5 speakers ( 100 watts rms each ) and a passive sub woofer lying idle, which I want to reuse.

I looked @ amazon for basic AV receivers like Denon AVR-X250BT 5.1 Ch, which fits my requirement exactly. But i found it needs active sub woofer. But I'm left with passive sub woofer, which i want to re-use.

Can you guys Please suggest some basic / entry level AV receivers which can support my existing speaker setup.

I'm a new member here. If this post does not belong here, kindly remove / move it to the right forum.

Thanks in Advance,
Regards!

There is no av receiver which can run a passive sub, what u could do is get an amp for the sub and then buy a receiver

There is no av receiver which can run a passive sub, what u could do is get an amp for the sub and then buy a receiver

Thanks Sujith for you reply.

1. What kind of amplifier should I buy for sub woofer?
2. Is it better to buy AV receiver online or from shops?. Online has good deals.
3. If i buy Denon AVR-X250BT 5.1 Ch. 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with Bluetooth (Black), online, are there service centers in Chennai?

Thanks in advance.
Regards!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back