Basics of home audio for audiophiles..

You can connect your laptop to your AVR either via optical or HDMI, I connected my Onkyo receiver to my PC using an optical cable. But let me tell you I use this setup for movies only and if you listen to music (for relaxation) you will start feeling more fatigue than to chill yourself.

For music, I have Marantz integrated amp connected to my Polk RTI A3. For this setup I'm using Fiio K3 DAC which take signals from my PC (connected via type C USB )->convert it to beautiful analogue signals and transfer it to TEAC EQA 220 equalizer which is connected to Marantz...the Marantz send those to Speakers. The best part about K3 DAC is, it's also equipped with headphone amp, a bass switch and a gain switch. And a preamp (Volume control).

Just made a diagram of my actual setup for you.

View attachment 44006
Which model marantz are u using for stereo audio??

I currently own a sony home theater system .. i bought it before i had any knowledge of speaker systems. Back then i thought more the channels and more speakers better audio quality. Now i wanna make a music system. Primary for music listening and secondary for movies. Due to lack of budget i have decided instead of buying some bad pre assembled music systems; i will buy one thing at a time and build slowly to a good system. 1st i wanna buy is front right and left speakers for music. With i will use with my old sony amp and sub woofers.. and slowly go on to buy seperate stereo amp and so on. So i need ur guys help to chose . That i can use with current sony av receiver which latter i can use with new better stereo amp. I saw yamaha ns 333, polk audio rti a3, polk rti a5, polk t50 etc. They are both tower and book shelf. Is really 3 way better and fuller than 2 way .. plz advice .. ??? I like yamaha ns f160 a lot they are in my budget and seem to pair with my old av receiver. I am attaching specs of sony av receiver i have. Screenshot_20200304-010239_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
I currently own a sony home theater system .. i bought it before i had any knowledge of speaker systems. Back then i thought more the channels and more speakers better audio quality. Now i wanna make a music system. Primary for music listening and secondary for movies. Due to lack of budget i have decided instead of buying some bad pre assembled music systems; i will buy one thing at a time and build slowly to a good system. 1st i wanna buy is front right and left speakers for music. With i will use with my old sony amp and sub woofers.. and slowly go on to buy seperate stereo amp and so on. So i need ur guys help to chose . That i can use with current sony av receiver which latter i can use with new better stereo amp. I saw yamaha ns 333, polk audio rti a3, polk rti a5, polk t50 etc. They are both tower and book shelf. Is really 3 way better and fuller than 2 way .. plz advice .. ??? I am attaching specs of sony av receiver i have. View attachment 44268
I am gonna play by laptop. So i will use a dac too.. preferably about 10k price range .

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back