Beauties on Shellac - 78 rpm Magic

Which ones are they RP and where did you get them? Hope they have come out!

Bought it off a fine gentleman who relocated to the States. A hand picked collection of Jazz, Classical and Indian music. Was surprised to have them in pristine condition.

Will take some photos soon and put them up.

Wow. Will look forward to posts and hopefully listening too sometime.
Let me know if you meet any other fine gentlemen migrating!

Was visiting Pantaloon's store on M G Road and found tucked among the clothes in one corner a cute little gramophone.

6ave4aqe.jpg

There was an intriguing 78 rpm kept along with it - a non-film record sung by Habib "Painter Qawwal" from Aligarh (N36218). An interesting combination of career choices - what do you say?

hapady5a.jpg

I was wondering what he sounds like. Later I see his songs are on YouTube. They refused to sell the record. Part of their decor! [emoji2]

Last edited:
Some rare 78 RPMs from the earlier age of record production.
ZONOPHONE-WHITE LABEL Year : 1904-1909. This White label was soon
discontinued before the war.
9KIkH8l.jpg

International Talking machine GMBH. Odeon.
Label Graphics Year of release between 1900-1909. That too an Indian artist.
fVFmdM5.jpg

A ODEON of 1930s
l7PI8gq.jpg

1930's SWADESHI RECORD
gexRwku.jpg

Bing corsby an early recording:
nrhWTjH.jpg

Lovely!
Anil, hope you have seen this announcement.
You can definitely present a paper or two there:-
http://www.hifivision.com/phono-tur...chines-museum-pala-near-kochi.html#post596984

Yes, I have read about the commendable effort from Mr. Sunny.
I wish, but presenting a paper on 78 RPM records needs a lots of research to put some "original content". God is not that kind on me now with that much of spare time. Hmmmm!
Wish I could at least visit the museum someday.

Hello all, nice to see so many Shellac fans here. Just picked up a Columbia Grafanola and some 78s as well, here they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Friends,
Good Day. Where can i get the 78 rpm record please

Attachments

• KUTTY JASKAR - MARY SWARNA - SANTHATHAMUM @.jpg
    KUTTY JASKAR - MARY SWARNA - SANTHATHAMUM @.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 4
I have a good collection of Malayalam 78 rpm records never played on grammaphones. I play them on a Dual 1019 using Shure Mono 78 cartridge . The magic of 78 reproduction is quite amazing. Many friends who come to hear music in my house enjoy the 78 rpm records to 33 rpm set up . This is because of the quality of the limited pressings of these records.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back