Beginner audiophile headphones (Open back)

Best beginner hp has to be Sundara in planar magnetics and hd 560s, 58x, 600, 650/6xx in dynamic open backs. I wouldn't waste money on anything else. My personal recco would be sundara or hd600. These two are a benchmark in reference sound in what they do
Good advice Amit.
Am also looking to get my first planar HP.
Little confused with comparison reviews between Deva wired and Sundara.
Some say Deva with a DAC will give pretty much the same SQ as Sundara.
Anyone used Deva or Sundara can chime in.

Thanks

I've only heard ananda and own sundara and arya..so can't comment on Deva. Just get both and return the one you like less within the return window period of both are available on amazon. Nothing like a/b getting at home. I have a feeling you will like sundara more and it costs less. The driver's faster than deva's is what I've heard

I've only heard ananda and own sundara and arya..so can't comment on Deva. Just get both and return the one you like less within the return window period of both are available on amazon. Nothing like a/b getting at home. I have a feeling you will like sundara more and it costs less. The driver's faster than deva's is what I've heard

Thank you for your insight.
Adding what feedback I received from @fLUX on Ananda added to the comparison between Sundara and Ananda I decided to go with Ananda as it excelled in every bit of any aspect compared to Sundara.
Which amp/DAC are you using with those two?
Also did you upgrade from the stock cables?

Thanks

Thank you for your insight.
Adding what feedback I received from @fLUX on Ananda added to the comparison between Sundara and Ananda I decided to go with Ananda as it excelled in every bit of any aspect compared to Sundara.
Which amp/DAC are you using with those two?
Also did you upgrade from the stock cables?

Thanks
Ananda is a very very good choice. Don't look at any other headphones. This can be your end game. Its just such a balanced headphone which does well in all areas. I drive mine with a idsd micro black label and discreet headphone amp section of my cxa81 speaker amp. In high gain, arya just sings from black label. This is good synergy. Don't change the stock cable to begin with. Hifiman cables are pretty decent to commence with. Only if you feel the need for a better cable if the stock one bothers, you can consider changing. Trust me...you will not hear any difference with change of cable unless you have spent your money on wallet tries to justify

Ananda is a very very good choice. Don't look at any other headphones. This can be your end game. Its just such a balanced headphone which does well in all areas. I drive mine with a idsd micro black label and discreet headphone amp section of my cxa81 speaker amp. In high gain, arya just sings from black label. This is good synergy. Don't change the stock cable to begin with. Hifiman cables are pretty decent to commence with. Only if you feel the need for a better cable if the stock one bothers, you can consider changing. Trust me...you will not hear any difference with change of cable unless you have spent your money on wallet tries to justify

Thanks Amit...started the journey to rediscover music. I really hope this the end game for me...coz lots at stake to get to this skip level listening

Looking at the quality of the cable of Ananda it doesn't even feel that it would need any upgrade. Only concern that remains is that of the cushions as there were some known issues. Hopefully the company took care of it so customers can enjoy a product for years.

Hi i have verum 1 planner magnetic headphone i m looking for balanced headphone cable 2.5mm to dual 3.5 mm where can i get it pls help

If budget permits go for the Hifiman Sundara, are absolutely worth the price
Thanks. If I need to stretch my budget, how about Audeze LCD-1 ? LCD-1 is 250gm vs Sundara 372gm. And if my Schiit Magni 3+ will gel well with this HP.

Not heard the audeze lineup , but the Hifiman lineup is being preferred by many nowadays. At a budget of 25k the Sundara seem to be more well received , have a good distributor presence in India so warranty hopefully should not be an issue. I have heard the Sundara, owned the HE560 and now the Ananda , all of them are really good.

Lcd 1 very narrow sound stage sundra quite bright, deva is good but with warm sounding amp, lcd 2c is good but smooth sounding relaxed, if you are ready to wait try verum 1 with good dac amp it outperform lcd 2c I got mine after three months it's really good.

Lcd 1 very narrow sound stage sundra quite bright, deva is good but with warm sounding amp, lcd 2c is good but smooth sounding relaxed, if you are ready to wait try verum 1 with good dac amp it outperform lcd 2c I got mine after three months it's really good.
Thanks for your input. At what price you bought Verum 1. Also who is verum dealer in India.

Thanks for your input. At what price you bought Verum 1. Also who is verum dealer in India.
No dealer in India I bought it from verum website I paid 349$ and 990 rs as custom thanks to seller he mentioned only 30$ on package you can talk to garuspik through e mail he is very genuine person

Niranjan from Pune makes custom cables , you can call him and discuss. PM'ed you his contact info
Can you please DM me his number as well. Am looking for 4.4 mm balanced cable for Sundara. Thanks in advance.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back