Beginner Hi-Fi Setup under 60k

mehmehbeans

Hey Folks,

Was recently pushed into the deep end of this pool when we ran into a couple of sound set ups during recent travels that made us rethink our set up at home. Like most folks starting this journey, I've been overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices, so would love any advice on how to get going.

Immediate Purchases
The immediate goal is to pick up a set of bookshelf speakers and a receiver (probably the WiiM Pro). The source will be either the TV (eArc or Optical) or streaming. I'm okay going upto 80k to accommodate an external amp (if needed), but that might have to be phased out over the next year. I've been recommended the Edifier to start with, but I'm also looking at the Bromo if it means that I don't have to worry about an upgrade sooner.

Long Term Goal

End goal is to also add a record player to the mix, and to upgrade one component at a time (with the speakers being last). The ideal budget across this would be 1.5L , but knowing me, I'm going to blow past that.

The Wiim Pro Plus (I'd suggest getting the Pro Plus over the Pro) and the Elac Debut ConneX DCB41 [ https://hifimart.com/product/debut-connex-dcb41-powered-speakers/ ] should keep you happy for a while.

You'll be able to stream music (Spotify/Tidal/Qobuz etc) from the Wiim, have Chromecast/Airplay connectivity, and also have the speakers connected to the TV (it has HDMI-in). The built-in phono preamp will let you hook up a Turntable also, without any additional hardware.

Last edited:
The Wiim Pro Plus (I'd suggest getting the Pro Plus over the Pro) and the Elac Debut ConneX DCB41 [ https://hifimart.com/product/debut-connex-dcb41-powered-speakers/ ] should keep you happy for a while.
As I understand it, the only advantage that the Pro plus has over the Pro is better AD/DA conversion.

Since the elac connex has its own inbuilt dac, and the OP is most likely going to send the signal over digital out to the Connex, is there any advantage in having the Wiim Pro Plus over the Pro simpliciter except, perhaps, some redundancy?

Last edited:
Hey Folks,

Was recently pushed into the deep end of this pool when we ran into a couple of sound set ups during recent travels that made us rethink our set up at home. Like most folks starting this journey, I've been overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices, so would love any advice on how to get going.

Immediate Purchases
The immediate goal is to pick up a set of bookshelf speakers and a receiver (probably the WiiM Pro). The source will be either the TV (eArc or Optical) or streaming. I'm okay going upto 80k to accommodate an external amp (if needed), but that might have to be phased out over the next year. I've been recommended the Edifier to start with, but I'm also looking at the Bromo if it means that I don't have to worry about an upgrade sooner.

Long Term Goal

End goal is to also add a record player to the mix, and to upgrade one component at a time (with the speakers being last). The ideal budget across this would be 1.5L , but knowing me, I'm going to blow past that.
Also you can check indiq audio Golden misra which is 28k and Norge concerto gold
Amplifier and wiim.Pro. These three approxiimately cost you arounF 65k.
For wiimpro contact hifimart
For Norge contact Laxman from norgr audio
Fot indiqspeaker contact Indiqaudio contact Amit

As I understand it, the only advantage that the Pro plus has over the Pro is better AD/DA conversion.

Since the elac connex has its own inbuilt dac, and the OP is most likely going to send the signal over digital out to the Connex, is there any advantage in having the Wiim Pro Plus over the Pro simpliciter except, perhaps, some redundancy?
Yes, AFAIK, the only difference (between the Pro and Pro Plus) is a better DAC (and ADC). The Wiim Pro Plus DAC is most likely a better one than what the Elac has. (Except that the Elac can also take a USB input, which the Wiims can't). And I do think that it will let him put off a streamer upgrade for a longer period in the future.

But if the use case of the OP will only be sending a digital signal out from the streamer, then he could very well stick with the Wiim Pro.

Thanks for the recommendation Hydra and Phani. The WiiM Pro is finalised. On the speakers, does it make sense to bite the bullet and go for a set of unpowered ones immediately to push an upgrade by a year or two more?

Also any recommendations on where I can audition this set up in Bangalore?

you csn audition indiq speakers
Thanks for the recommendation Hydra and Phani. The WiiM Pro is finalised. On the speakers, does it make sense to bite the bullet and go for a set of unpowered ones immediately to push an upgrade by a year or two more?

Also any recommendations on where I can audition this set up in Bangalore?
All setup you csn audition ay Indiw audio banglore for indiq speakers. For sny other brand Jam sticks etc.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back