Behringer amplifier + speakers

keith_correa

Guys:

My friend who lives in the US was on the lookout for a budget amp+speakers and his audiophile co-worker told him about a Behringer amp. - the A500 - that was extremely cheap [$200] and was a steal considering the price/performance. My friend auditioned it and bought it. He mailed me to say that it just BLEW the more expensive amps away. He says that there was another Behringer amp. - the EP1500 for $350 which was EVEN better but beyond his budget - the cheapo. :lol:
Then he goes one step further and buys a pair of Behringer B2031P bookshelf speakers [$150] and he says that coupled with the Behringer amp. it's a match made in heaven.

Question - anyone hear even hear about these? These prices seem ridiculous.

hi,

i have never heard the sound. i have read about the amp. whenever i go to any live program, i talk with the audio system man. many of them referred to Behringer amp with regard. never heard about their speakers though.

Dunno if this is assembled in Us or APAC. But in general, I think it is time we Indians shed the mentality that because we are in poor old India we need to pay double or more for everything. The manufacturing realities of the last few decades has been that the majority of goods are manufactured closer to home in APAC than US or UK and cost less in the vicinity.

We should start insisting on lesser prices than International and force a downward rationalization of prices. :eek:hyeah: even if it mean frustrating and illogical arguments with dealers like a rickshawallah does for a few rupees. :lol:

Cheers

Cant comment on the speakers. A500 is well regarded when you need high power output for a cheaper price.
One guy on Audioholics forums is using it with their polk audio lsi's which are 4 ohm and can handle lot of power.

Dunno if this is assembled in Us or APAC. But in general, I think it is time we Indians shed the mentality that because we are in poor old India we need to pay double or more for everything. The manufacturing realities of the last few decades has been that the majority of goods are manufactured closer to home in APAC than US or UK and cost less in the vicinity.

We should start insisting on lesser prices than International and force a downward rationalization of prices. :eek:hyeah: even if it mean frustrating and illogical arguments with dealers like a rickshawallah does for a few rupees. :lol:

Cheers

Then why don't you try to get the govt to reduce the taxes and duties.

Price of goods have got nothing to do with proximity of manufacturing.

I heard that for the first time!! :clapping:
I thought shipping costs some money which is dependent of distance, and I also thought that the labor cost is lower in china/ India/ my compared to US/ UK/ Germany.

But I know knothing!

Price of goods have got nothing to do with proximity of manufacturing.

I think it has as much to do with the distributor as the manufacturer. If you look at CA products, they are reasonably priced in India. Some other brands seem to charge much larger premiums. Given that duties, transport, taxes etc are the same for everyone, this discrepancy cannot be blamed on those alone.

Guys:

My friend who lives in the US was on the lookout for a budget amp+speakers and his audiophile co-worker told him about a Behringer amp. - the A500 - that was extremely cheap [$200] and was a steal considering the price/performance. My friend auditioned it and bought it. He mailed me to say that it just BLEW the more expensive amps away. He says that there was another Behringer amp. - the EP1500 for $350 which was EVEN better but beyond his budget - the cheapo. :lol:
Then he goes one step further and buys a pair of Behringer B2031P bookshelf speakers [$150] and he says that coupled with the Behringer amp. it's a match made in heaven.

Question - anyone hear even hear about these? These prices seem ridiculous.

i think these are professional power amps that you are talking about. i tried going that route but not musical at all and doesnt present to you the full range. imagine yourself at a public event with music playing from a professional set up. big loud clean noises but thats about it

i think these are professional power amps that you are talking about. i tried going that route but not musical at all and doesnt present to you the full range. imagine yourself at a public event with music playing from a professional set up. big loud clean noises but thats about it

afj:

Which amp route did you go? The Behringer A500 specifically or some other PA amp?

lot of DIYers use ep2500 for their sub amp. tons of power, bridgeable, cheap, decent sound. another popular one is crown, but thats more expensive i believe.

Edit: By the way, the behringer ep2500 is available for 285$ at B&H photo video.
Edit 2: Just saw the bajaao site, they are charging 34,500 for ep2500 !@#$%

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back