Bengaluru AV Darshan Begins!!!

denom

Banned
Banned
dear all(esp bengalurian's) Hope correctly spelled!! :D

have touched down in bengaluru 2 hrs back & am seriously wanting to meet all my fellow HFV mates from this wonderful city.

pls call or PM me your contact nos.

would especially like to meet all the DIY guru's if they can spare some of their precious time. What say Guruji's???

Will be here for 3 days & hence would like to make my trip totally paisa vasool:yahoo::lol::eek:hyeah:

Santhosh/Kittu, really need your help for organising something.

Regards

:D so far very very hectic! been oscillating like a yo-yo from one end to other end of bengaluru.
have been very unorganised & last minute as have just not been able to go about in organised manner.

people met so far:
Kittu, santhol & anil kumar - all gems!

people yet to meet:
soundsgreat, stevieboy, goobble g, anilva, kaushik, george & others who would like to meet me :D

biggest prob is that i am staying in yelahanka new town & the distance to bengaluru city is quite big due thanks to the chaotic traffic & metro bridge.

signing off for now, people interested in meeting me pls get in touch via santhol/kittu or pm mode.

Managed to visit klipsch lavelle road showroom today, heard the foll

RB-81II's my 1st proper book shelf demo!!! :D

P37's - WOW

P39's - WOWWW

Conclusion:
P37's are the new undisputed kings :D for me! :licklips::licklips::licklips:

will write a more detailed review when i have more time.

Will meet soundsgreat & hear his creations tomorrow......

It was nice meeting you Dave:). Thanks for dropping by, making time to meet me and checking out my AV gear.

:D so far very very hectic! been oscillating like a yo-yo from one end to other end of bengaluru.
Have been very unorganised & last minute as have just not been able to go about in organised manner.
Oh yeah, you have been travelling like crazy. Part of it also has to do with where your friend's home is (near BIAL). We did plan your itenary offline, but somehow never worked out the way we intended it to. I wish I could have joined you on your AV Darshan, have some semi-DIY renovation going on at home, so have been extremely busy with that.

@ Denom ....

What price was quoted for the RB 81 ... last, I checked in Delhi, it was a whammer! ... something in the region of 55 or 60 k ... forget it now.

The Klipsch Ps .... unaffordable .... :p :indifferent14:

It was nice meeting you Dave:). Thanks for dropping by, making time to meet me and checking out my AV gear.

Oh yeah, you have been travelling like crazy. Part of it also has to do with where your friend's home is (near BIAL). We did plan your itenary offline, but somehow never worked out the way we intended it to. I wish I could have joined you on your AV Darshan, have some semi-DIY renovation going on at home, so have been extremely busy with that.

No probs Santhosh, there is always next time :D

@ Denom ....

What price was quoted for the RB 81 ... last, I checked in Delhi, it was a whammer! ... something in the region of 55 or 60 k ... forget it now.

The Klipsch Ps .... unaffordable .... :p :indifferent14:

60k for the RB-81's:mad: heck for that price I might as well go for the RF62's!:licklips:

Yes yes the P Series are way way out of reach but then one can atleast appreciate their sound by means of a demo :licklips: Please listen to the P37's, am sure you will be in a good zone;)

Denom bro, you in Benagaluru or on the way back? Hope you had a blast.
Extending to Cochin?

Yes, back from Bengaluru & dreading going back to work :eek: Truly enjoyed all the demo's & company of people that I met, but missed out meeting quite a few due thanks to my last minute dash.....

:D Cochin, wish I could, would have surely contacted you for the Cochin Darshan:eek:hyeah::D:)

There is always next time ;)

Last edited:
Having recovered from my Bengaluru Trip & post settling into my mundane routine, here I am writing about what all I heard & saw during my Bengaluru AV Darshan, so Here Goes :)

ROUND 1:

Like an appetiser :D went for a denon 1911 Vs Yamaha RX-V667 head to head comparo, to find out which is more 'musical' :rolleyes: of the two. I bet this will be like a wet night dream come true for all trying to get the answer to one of the most debated queries on the forum :D Since the person in charge of the place was very accommodating, I requested him to dance to my tunes by making him switch from 1911 to 667 track by track akin to a ball by ball commentary :D Post completion of each track had a little conference in my mind & with my accomplice :rolleyes: then back to repeating the procedure with the next track.
Source used was a sony dvd player paired to Paradigm Monitor 7 V6's.

After a considerable period of time came to following conclusion(actually all it took was 5 minutes but having such a rare opportunity, wanted to milk it as much as possible, can you blame me for being a glutton??? :D). The 667 spanks the 1911 through & through, no question about it!
Am not going to go into the details but if all prospective buyers get a similar opportunity, then just conduct a similar test & judge for yourself, the difference is too obvious & one will understand what I am writing about pronto(hope the sales guy is accommodating & patient to allow you to carry out my stunt :eek:hyeah: Sorry folks but did not check out the winner in the video aspect part of the AVR's as that was not what I was interested in doing + the fact that I'm sure the gentleman would have pulled his hair out if I had tried to repeat a similar stunt for the movies testing :D

SIDE NOTE: As I entered the premises heard this

Duo-i plus | Radios | Tabletop Products playing & found it a fantastic little product, in fact would go 1 step forward & say that for a iphone/pod dock related boom box, this is it!!!
Great clarity & well defined bass coming out of such a small thing! Too good it is, please give it a listen iphone/pod owners!!!

ROUND 1 Completed, stay tuned for ROUND 2 ;)

Last edited:
ROUND 2:

Onto the Klipsch Experience courtesy M/s.Cinebels, at their Special Showroom at Lavelle Road, fantastic building it is, with 2 floors of Klipsch Nirvana :licklips:

1st Attack was on the RB81II's, the Monster Bookshelf's, which caught my eye as so far have been keeping away from Bookshlef's like the plague, just can't get myself drawn to them, don't know why but that has been the case so far. Hence thought to myself that if I have to give them book shelf's a chance what better a brand than Klipsch :D

Apparently these baba's :D had just been unpacked & connected or so the sales personnel informed me. 1st impression is that these look like half sized floor standers, as they are big & not at all like typical book shelf speakers, but then what do I know as have never seriously paid attention to any book shelf's.
Started off with Whitesnake's 'Still of the Night', then onto Astarte's 'Mutter' followed by Coheed & Cambria's 'Welcome Home'& rounding off with Rolling Stones 'Angie'/ Really amazed by the similar soundstage & signature similar to the Floor standers from the Klipsch Family though a tad shy in the Low Frequencies Dept. WOW, I said to myself, could not believe that all that I was hearing was from these book shelf's. Was wondering why was I shying away from Book Shelf speakers all this time???? Very pleasant surprise indeed, but then the shocker was the price - 60k for them & I almost shouted WHAT??? Heck I could get the synergy F20's for 45k! Quickly regrouping went to the 1st floor of the showroom to see & hear the P37's & P39's. Was really curious about them & wondering whats so great about
them/as on first sight I did not like the finish of the cabinets, 'Exotic zebra-grain Linia wood veneer cabinet' as they call it, just not to my taste. Its not the finish but the look is similar to formica/sunmica which spoilt it for me.
Now onto the listening part, played the same tracks that I've mentioned above & yes, these Speakers are IT! In fact so completely have I fallen for them, I think it will take something really special to dethrone the P37's from my mind. The Low's/Mid's/High's are all in synchrony - THESE ARE IT as far as what I want is concerned:licklips::yahoo::clapping:, save for the price - 6.5lacs only :(
The P39's had been set up in a separate enclosure with Roksan Pre-Power & Marantz CDP. The P39's are HUGE speakers, they require an equally Huge Hall to truly do justice, again these had the similar cabinet finish as that of the P37's. Just heard 1 track on them 'Pinball Wizard' by the Who. Everything fantastic save for the fact that my heart belonged to the P37's & hence did not really enjoy the P39's + had already asked the price of these. 18.5 lacs only & my mind had already shown a image of these speakers vanishing into thin air like in them cartoons :D

All this happened in a whirlwind time of 45 minutes & was left wondering what hit me, aah yes the P37's did ;)

Next installment will be shared in ROUND 3 :)

Klipsch sales guys almost toppled with awe when I made them link the Topping with the RB 81s .... mesmerized is the right word!

Pity, could not spend @ 55 k for the RB 81s, that too when the Topping amp was costing just 4 k. This 55 figure is exactly double the US retail price ... that was yet another dampner.

Having recovered from my Bengaluru Trip & post settling into my mundane routine, here I am writing about what all I heard & saw during my Bengaluru AV Darshan, so Here Goes :)

ROUND 1:

Like an appetiser :D went for a denon 1911 Vs Yamaha RX-V667 head to head comparo, to find out which is more 'musical' :rolleyes: of the two. I bet this will be like a wet night dream come true for all trying to get the answer to one of the most debated queries on the forum :D Since the person in charge of the place was very accommodating, I requested him to dance to my tunes by making him switch from 1911 to 667 track by track akin to a ball by ball commentary :D Post completion of each track had a little conference in my mind & with my accomplice :rolleyes: then back to repeating the procedure with the next track.
Source used was a sony dvd player paired to Paradigm Monitor 7 V6's.

After a considerable period of time came to following conclusion(actually all it took was 5 minutes but having such a rare opportunity, wanted to milk it as much as possible, can you blame me for being a glutton??? :D). The 667 spanks the 1911 through & through, no question about it!
Am not going to go into the details but if all prospective buyers get a similar opportunity, then just conduct a similar test & judge for yourself, the difference is too obvious & one will understand what I am writing about pronto(hope the sales guy is accommodating & patient to allow you to carry out my stunt :eek:hyeah: Sorry folks but did not check out the winner in the video aspect part of the AVR's as that was not what I was interested in doing + the fact that I'm sure the gentleman would have pulled his hair out if I had tried to repeat a similar stunt for the movies testing :D

Hii Denom
great going.... which speakers were used for comparing Denon 1911 vs Yamaha V667./...
WHich was this place//shop/// at which u auditioned dese 2 AVRs...
DId u find Yamaha 667 with Wharf 9.5 combo...anywhere during your audition?? please share... if not which other speakers...

thanks

Last edited:
ROUND 1:

Like an appetiser :D went for a denon 1911 Vs Yamaha RX-V667 head to head comparo, t

Can you please tell what speakers did they use for the testing.
I got myself the yamaha RX V667 with hardly a 5 day research on multiple forums, but its been good 2 weeks and i am just not able to figure the best speakers for it.

Help me. Iam traveling to Bangalore next sunday. Hope these showrooms are open on Sundays. Thanks again

Hemant0285 & visaster,

:rolleyes:GUYS!!! I've clearly written about the speakers paired for the 1911 & 667 demo - PARADIGM MONITOR 7 V6'S Floor Standers.

As I was only interested in the 2 channel demo, did not bother for the complete HT package.
Suggest both of you to listen to whatever speakers available in your locality to demo with your AVR's. Its the best way for you to understand & realise what your looking for. Best of Luck & enjoy :)

Can you please tell what speakers did they use for the testing.
I got myself the yamaha RX V667 with hardly a 5 day research on multiple forums, but its been good 2 weeks and i am just not able to figure the best speakers for it.

Help me. Iam traveling to Bangalore next sunday. Hope these showrooms are open on Sundays. Thanks again

Take your 667 to Klipsch Showroom @ lavelle road(M/s. Cinebels) & pair them with their range(ones in your budget that is :D), hear them & decide what you like, personally I think the 667+klipsch speakers will be deadly!!!:licklips:

:D have yet to complete writing about my bengaluru AV experience, due to time constraints.... hardly any feedback from my HFV brethren too :rolleyes:

So thinking to my self, shall I continue writing or not? :rolleyes:

Klipsch sales guys almost toppled with awe when I made them link the Topping with the RB 81s .... mesmerized is the right word!

Pity, could not spend @ 55 k for the RB 81s, that too when the Topping amp was costing just 4 k. This 55 figure is exactly double the US retail price ... that was yet another dampner.

That is the beauty of Klipsch Speakers!!! Bummer is their pricing in India:mad:

Denom, the problem is that general lounge threads dont show up among the new posts!
I quite agree regarding the Denon AVR, I have heard the earlier 19XX and I did not feel they were more capable than any other brand AVR when it came to music.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back