Best 2.0/2.1 for TV for ~60k

abhi09

I'm looking to get a 2.0 or 2.1 for using it with my TV.

Confused between active and passive, not sure which suits me. The entire budget is either for active or passive + amp

Please let me know your suggestions.

I am no audiophile and haven't experienced them. Suggesting based on others recommendations
Marantz PM5005 + Mission QX2
Sub you can choose as per your room size.

If you have decided on 2.1 rather than 5.1, I would suggest as follows :

- Buy a good stereo amp which accepts optical input (to connect your TV)
- Buy a pair of good bookshelf speakers
- You can add a sub woofer later, when you have additional funds

There are many options at this price.

For example - stereo amp - Denon PMA-600NE at Rs 35K :

Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i at Rs 34K :

You will also need to buy stands for the speakers.

An alternate option is to buy a stereo receiver with HDMI ARC - to coonect to yoru TV.
Again, there are options from Yamaha, Denon and Marantz.

These will have the additional benefit of built-in Spotify Connect, Amazon music, bluetooth etc.

Eg :

@abhi09 What are your limitations? Are you planning to upgrade in the future to a surround or maybe a better stereo system? What are your source devices (Tata sky/streamers) etc?

Actives can be a great way to make simple, compact yet effective system. However, connections to multiple devices can be painful. Also it very majorly limits the upgrade possibility, can be upgraded, but it is certainly more painful. 70-80K is great budget for both setups - active and passive.

So if you have the answers to these questions, at-least the active vs passive debate can be 'perhaps' be closed.

If you have decided on 2.1 rather than 5.1, I would suggest as follows :

- Buy a good stereo amp which accepts optical input (to connect your TV)
- Buy a pair of good bookshelf speakers
- You can add a sub woofer later, when you have additional funds

There are many options at this price.

For example - stereo amp - Denon PMA-600NE at Rs 35K :

Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i at Rs 34K :

You will also need to buy stands for the speakers.

An alternate option is to buy a stereo receiver with HDMI ARC - to coonect to yoru TV.
Again, there are options from Yamaha, Denon and Marantz.

These will have the additional benefit of built-in Spotify Connect, Amazon music, bluetooth etc.

Eg :
Since I play video games I'd want to upgrade to a 5.1.2 in the future. Source is primarily my PS5

Hence I've finalised on a Marantz SR5015 with the Dali oberon 5.
Dali's have the worst ever support and worst dealers in Delhi NCR though

@abhi09 What are your limitations? Are you planning to upgrade in the future to a surround or maybe a better stereo system? What are your source devices (Tata sky/streamers) etc?

Actives can be a great way to make simple, compact yet effective system. However, connections to multiple devices can be painful. Also it very majorly limits the upgrade possibility, can be upgraded, but it is certainly more painful. 70-80K is great budget for both setups - active and passive.

So if you have the answers to these questions, at-least the active vs passive debate can be 'perhaps' be closed.
Yup, since I play video games I'd want to upgrade to a 5.1.2 in the future. You are right, I've gone the passive way.

The best way to test immersive experience of a home theater is through games. In almost all the recent titles, you can control the direction of the sound by controlling the character in the game. You can test how seamless the sound moves from one channel to the other as you change the orientation of the character in the game.

@abhi09 Since you are a gamer, I'd recommend you to take your console, plug it in and see how they sound if that is possible.
I've had QA 3050i. Even with the basic Denon 1400H, I found them to be fantastic for gaming. I was playing Uncharted - Lost Legacy with the towers alone. And, it was kickass!

And, forget about a stereo amp. Get a good AVR since you want to go into 5.1.2

Cheers.

The best way to test immersive experience of a home theater is through games. In almost all the recent titles, you can control the direction of the sound by controlling the character in the game. You can test how seamless the sound moves from one channel to the other as you change the orientation of the character in the game.

@abhi09 Since you are a gamer, I'd recommend you to take your console, plug it in and see how they sound if that is possible.
I've had QA 3050i. Even with the basic Denon 1400H, I found them to be fantastic for gaming. I was playing Uncharted - Lost Legacy with the towers alone. And, it was kickass!

And, forget about a stereo amp. Get a good AVR since you want to go into 5.1.2

Cheers.
That's wonderful and quite re-assuring. Guess I'll buy Uncharted Lost Legacy. I've been holding onto it for so long.

You canlook at Edifier S3000 Pro. They retail around 57K on Amazon, wireless active bookshelf which can create some mesmerizing sound.

You can look up their reviews, i use their younger brother the S2000MKIII and they sound better than most active systems in that budget.

No hassle of additional AVR or wiring, has all the possible inputs including USB/Optical/RCA and Bluetooth

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back