Best 2.1 Desktop Computer Speakers.

deba

Dear all,

Can anyone suggest a high performance 2.1 Desktop Computer Speakers along with the approx. price in India.

Thanks.

There are many Value-for-money products in Altec Lancing. Check out different models of this brand before making a decision.

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

not sure whether they are the best but some options that other forum members have tried and liked

Klipsch promedia (do not remember the model)
audio engine 2 and 5
m-audio also has some nice near field speakers that can be used as desktop speakers.

What's your budget? Why not invest in a great headphone instead?

A2 - 9K
A5 - 18k
M-audio - 9k
Klipsch Promedia -dunno.

Edifier C3 - 4KMAX:cool: but that does not make it better;) to Altec's(heard only MX 5021) and of course no where near to the above ones:sad:.

But good sound and needs burn in since wooden enclosure.

audioengine a2, a5 are the best sq wise.
Klipsch Promedia 2.1,4.1 and 5.1. Loud and clear, but i dont know if you will find it in India.
Apart from these two there is always recommended models from altec. Also heard good things about limited models from edifier

Why isn't anyone recommending Creative? Their SBS series may not be up to the mark but the higher ones can be tested. Whenever any computer speaker discussion starts, the only ones mentioned are Altec Lansing. Is it that the availability is an issue?

Creative Inspire T3200 2.1 speakers - Dynamic speaker system ideal for MP3 music listening

I have a Cambridge Soundworks SW320 which still sounds great even after 7 years. Sadly, Creative chose to discontinue these in India.

Hands down, its the Edifier C3. Wooden enclosures, magnetically sheilded, remote, stand-alone amp. All this for the low, low price of 5 grand!
The Edifier C3's sound awesome. Been using them for gaming, movies and music. And, when I tell people the price, they think i'm joking.
Aaju baaju Mat Dekh, just go for it buddy.:eek:hyeah:
P.S. I'm thinking of buying another set of C3's for my other room!

If you want sq, audioengine should be the top contender.If you want 2.1 hard to beat the Klipsch promedia 2.1 Price and availability you will need to check. Only after the klipsch should you consider the other brands people are suggesting

+1 to the audioengine A2/A5.having used the altec lansing ATP 3(still have it) it was great at the time(price,and circa 2002?).using the bose comp 3 series 2 and is quite good for nearfield listening/movies.of course no value for the money.would have bought the audioengines any day,unfortunately they were launched in india just after i bought the bose.my bad.cheers

I also use the ATP 3 from altec lansing. It is quite good and looks are also nice. I selected speakers after hearing them with different kind of music and am quite satisfied with them. As others have pointed out it may not be available thats a shame considering the value we were getting at that price point around 3k.

Search around for a few more options from altec lansing or as the others have suggessted.

If you want sq, audioengine should be the top contender.If you want 2.1 hard to beat the Klipsch promedia 2.1 Price and availability you will need to check. Only after the klipsch should you consider the other brands people are suggesting

I believe,the model which you are referring was 10k sometime back,it should have come down a bit by now.

I use one of these currently and they sound pretty good. Actually people keep asking is that a speaker??

soundsticksii_1_300_1275_0_.jpg

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back