Best 3D effects !!

Friends,
Started this thread to know what all best documentaries/ movies are available in Blu Ray 3D so that we can watch it at our homes.

Lets start with first obvious one - Avatar.

I feel it is the best movie in 3D, as far as my personal favorites are concerned.

1. Avatar 3D.
- Have ordered this a day before yesterday from amazon.in & it is expected to deliver today. Will go back & check the quality. Will update about the same in coming days. Stay tuned.
- About movie, I guess there is nothing much to talk that isn't known to people already.

2. The Art of Flight 3D.
- Have watched the trailor of this 80 minutes long movie & would say that it is one of the best shot real action sequences in our history. Though, couldn't get hold of the actual movie yet. Its not available on Indian selling sites.
Tried to procure it from US & will probably be bought from there, as soon as I have someone coming from there.

Please continue to add more 3D movies/ documentaries in this list.

Note: Please refer to some Selling portals from where we can order them. If you guys have ordered from there, you can mention your experiences in this forum (about the quality of picture, sound, effects) in that package....whether its worth spending money on that or not.

please continue with your list....

Watched Avatar 3D, as discussed earlier in the post.
Found that the depth in some scenes was really good. Had a gala time.

Though, I personally found that it would be damn difficult to watch a 3D movie in one go (specially, long movies like Avatar). Had to split the watching in 2-3 sittings spread over 2 days.
Is this normal ?

A 3D animated movie is any day better than any live action even avatar. The awsemeness of rendering 3D from scratch for every single pixel in control inside a computer is always many times better than a Live action movie converted to 3D.

Avatar has the unique aspect that it was the first of its kind and one of the rare films which actually used a 3D camera on set. that brought some freshness to it where every 3D shot was treated like a piece of state of the art cake being spoonfed to the audience. Otherwise post production converted 3D has today taken a huge leap and gravity is a great example how much can be achieved just by depth factor and no pop out gimmicks.

Watching 3D movie is a pain, and I stopped watching some time back. Had good pair of 3D glasses, need to check whether they are still in working condition or not :)

Until the technology evolve to a glassless 3D state, its tough to catchup with a 3D movie.

Earlier I had Sony 3D LED TV which got panel problem so replaced with Sony 55x9000e TV which is non 3D TV. I have pioneer BDP 450 3D Blu-ray player and good number of 3D Blu-ray movies purchased from Amazon. Is there any solutions that I can watch 3D movie in 2D on my current 2D TV. Current TV is Android TV and can install require apps. Any other solutions in this regards welcome. If nothing is possible in this regards, can I sell 3D Blu-ray movies on classified section. Please guide...

I guess we should be able to play 3D Blu-Ray in 2D. Either the disk will have that option or the player. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Edit: Atleast I could watch my 3D Blu-Ray in 2D in my TV.

Which TV and Blu ray player you have. Few disk don't have option of 2D or 3D only 3D containts. Three types of 3D disk.
1. Box contains 2 disk with individual 2D and 3D movie
2. Only one disk which containts both 3D and 2D movie with option to play either one.
3. Only single disk with 3D movie no 2D movie or opinion to toggle

Which TV and Blu ray player you have. Few disk don't have option of 2D or 3D only 3D containts. Three types of 3D disk.
1. Box contains 2 disk with individual 2D and 3D movie
2. Only one disk which containts both 3D and 2D movie with option to play either one.
3. Only single disk with 3D movie no 2D movie or opinion to toggle

Frankly, its been years since I played any Blu-ray disks. May be you are right. I wasn't aware that there are 3 types of 3D disks. My bad. :oops:
My model is quite old. It's Samsung BD-D6500 which I bought in 2011.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back