Best 4k TV for DTH usage

Akshr

Hi guys, I am looking to buy a new TV for my parents.
The usecase is DTH only. Very rately Hotstar or Netflix.

I compared Sony X95G and Sony A8F in the show room today and the A8F performed much better for HD content upscaled to 4k
The X95G, colors appeared appeared saturated.

Also faces appeared to have more accurate or better skin tones on A8F oled.

How does the LG C9 compare with X95g for DTH usage?

Thanks,
Akshay

Hi guys, I am looking to buy a new TV for my parents.
The usecase is DTH only. Very rately Hotstar or Netflix.

I compared Sony X95G and Sony A8F in the show room today and the A8F performed much better for HD content upscaled to 4k
The X95G, colors appeared appeared saturated.

Also faces appeared to have more accurate or better skin tones on A8F oled.

How does the LG C9 compare with X95g for DTH usage?

Thanks,
Akshay
C9 performs very well in upscaling content. You can read the notes on upscaling of C9 on rtings.com or the review by whathifi. I think the C9 should come much cheaper than the Sony OLEDs. Personally I find even SD content looks exceedingly good on the C9.

hi.
i am using LG C9 55inch Oled.
Airtel DTH content doesnt look so great. HD content looks good but SD content looks bad.
Pls try to have personal review before buying LG.
LG has some settings like super resolution, AI picture, noise reduction etc.. so try to enable these settings during demo and see if the SD content looks good. Or else you can also opt for smaller size like 49 inch so that image doesnt look pixalated.

Yeah, I guess have to compare both in the showroom.
The HD channels on Airtel DH concern me. That's what my parents watch usually.
Example - Star Plus HD, Ten Sports HD.

Anyday sony “9xxx” series even if it’s only led and not op. It irons SD content very well but at the end of day it’s after all SD content. Junk in is Junk out!

I'm also looking for a 4K UHD in the range of 70K, and finalized the below models, my usage would be mostly on DTH (SD Channels), Amazon Prime & Youtube. Please could someone suggest what size would be ideal for my needs 49" or 55"? Thanks in advance.

1) LG 7300
2) VU Android Premium
3) Sanyo Kaizen

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back