Best 50" FHD Plasma TV (under 1L) ?!

TheSeeker

Hello!

posting this on behalf of a friend (location - Thane/Mumbai).

an FHD Plasma TV is wanted by him, of size 50", and not more. viewing-distance would be about 10ft. (ofcourse) since he wants a Plasma set only, he knows what he is 'getting into'. also wants to take benefit of the season-discounts & offers. we know that the companies are now stopping production, hence feel that this could be a good time to get one. not overtly concerned about after-sales, as everything won't come to a stop just tomorrow, to say.

am out of touch on the updates about the new models, hence seeking suggestions from forum-members. read about the LG model (PB6600), but the review is disappointing. others i already knew about, but know no more about their availability:

- samsung 51F5500
- samsung F8500 (smaller size available?)
- any panasonic Plasma TV won't be available now i guess, and even if yes, there won't be any support behind it; correct?!

please advise.
thanks!

Not sure about other models but 51f5500 is what i bought after various deliberations. I am very happy with my decision and would for sure recommend the same to anyone without a blink of eye.

Hi,

Though you have asked for a full HD tv, I would recommend Samsung 51H4900 (its not full HD). It has awesome picture quality. You may have a look at the attached pic i clicked. My TV is fairly new hardly 7 days old, i'm still in the break-in period and have the brightness n contrast set to 35. The picture looks awesome (though the room is completely dark). The attachment seems to be of small width n height, as im not sure how to increase its size here on the forum.

I was apprehensive about it not being a full HD Tv but HD channels look so good, you cannot see any difference. My tv cost 52800 , bought it from Vijay Sales.

Attachments

• 20141026_231809.jpg
    20141026_231809.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Without doubt the Samsung 51F5500. After Pana ST50 series is out of market, this is the best Plasma TV under 1L. I have been using this for alst six months, and am absolutely happy. However, if you can get hold of the Pana ST50, please pick one along with extended warranty.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back