Best 50" FHD Plasma TV (under 1L) ?!

TheSeeker

Hello!

posting this on behalf of a friend (location - Thane/Mumbai).

an FHD Plasma TV is wanted by him, of size 50", and not more. viewing-distance would be about 10ft. (ofcourse) since he wants a Plasma set only, he knows what he is 'getting into'. also wants to take benefit of the season-discounts & offers. we know that the companies are now stopping production, hence feel that this could be a good time to get one. not overtly concerned about after-sales, as everything won't come to a stop just tomorrow, to say.

am out of touch on the updates about the new models, hence seeking suggestions from forum-members. read about the LG model (PB6600), but the review is disappointing. others i already knew about, but know no more about their availability:

- samsung 51F5500
- samsung F8500 (smaller size available?)
- any panasonic Plasma TV won't be available now i guess, and even if yes, there won't be any support behind it; correct?!

please advise.
thanks!

Not sure about other models but 51f5500 is what i bought after various deliberations. I am very happy with my decision and would for sure recommend the same to anyone without a blink of eye.

Hi,

Though you have asked for a full HD tv, I would recommend Samsung 51H4900 (its not full HD). It has awesome picture quality. You may have a look at the attached pic i clicked. My TV is fairly new hardly 7 days old, i'm still in the break-in period and have the brightness n contrast set to 35. The picture looks awesome (though the room is completely dark). The attachment seems to be of small width n height, as im not sure how to increase its size here on the forum.

I was apprehensive about it not being a full HD Tv but HD channels look so good, you cannot see any difference. My tv cost 52800 , bought it from Vijay Sales.

Attachments

• 20141026_231809.jpg
    20141026_231809.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Without doubt the Samsung 51F5500. After Pana ST50 series is out of market, this is the best Plasma TV under 1L. I have been using this for alst six months, and am absolutely happy. However, if you can get hold of the Pana ST50, please pick one along with extended warranty.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back