Best at least

Rud31

I don't have any prior knowledge base regarding different kinds of panels and/or the technology related to them. All I want to know is this;
1. Cheapest 4K 10-bit HDR supporting 40/43 inch TV for unknown brands such as HiSense, TCL etc
2. Cheapest 4K 10-bit HDR supporting 40/43 inch TV from known brands such as LG,Samsung,Sony
Pros and Cons of either of the listed. By that I mean if unknown brand one is any good or is it the case here also that Cheap won't be good? And the named brand ones, what makes them better over the non-named brand ones?

Hey Hi,

Do go through this thread if not already done. This should give you a lot of answers.

You could then do your research & update us with a shortlist of Brands+Models that fit your requirements for suggestions.

MaSh

Saw the thread earlier also but it doesn't tells me what I want to know. Sure it tells price o different models in different cities but that's not relevant to me. As I said earlier, need options on a 40/43 inch TV capable of 4K, 10-bit and HDR, if SMART then all the better. Branded ones are usually said to be good but want to know if there are non-branded too which fit the bill and are almost at par with branded counterparts. If not then which brand offers the above features.
Budget is 30-35K max as of now.

Vu would suit your needs. I had their 55" 4k UHD and it had a great resale value (I sold it for 40k buying it for 47k) just because of its picture quality and motion smoothening. Some people like the soap opera effect I guess and so it looks 3D sharp for its price.

I am not looking for a 55inch TV. And I already have a 40 inches from VU and none too pleased with it.

I am not looking for a 55inch TV. And I already have a 40 inches from VU and none too pleased with it.
The 40-43 inch is a dead segment. There is mostly low end TVs from the big brands at that size. Plus, your budget is never going to get 10 bit HDR. The TV will support the signal but will output a pathetic HDR image.

More than budget, it's a space constraint.
I've been using Mi TV 32 inch one till now. While I prefer it's interface and ease of use, I absolutely hate it's color representation and panel quality.
The blacks aren't dark enough, Red almost looks like Carrot-ish color and if viewed from a distance less than 2 feet, pixels become apparent. From my viewing distance of 7 feet, it's OKish. Content viewed is either from OTT platforms or from YouTube and media hosted on local machines.
From overnight research I have come to few conclusions;
1. Won't be getting any good offerings from named brands in this size and price category. If I stretch budget to 40K then there's one or 2 Samsung and LG devices that come close to cutting it. Moreover, going beyond 35K and getting a 40 incher rubs sore when one looks at 55inch offerings of budget brands in the same price.
2. Can't have OLED in this price, let alone QLED
3. 10-bit is synonymous to HDR but it's Dolby Vision that's more pervasive but then again, budget TV won't be having that either.
Thus the option field gets limited to budget brands such as TCL, Xiaomi, HiSense, Nokia, Thomson .
Problem comes now from 2 aspects; first the "YouTube reviews" of these brands are biased to favor them. Secondly, besides Mi, the chances of having an -in-store demo of these other brands are low to none.

More than budget, it's a space constraint.
I've been using Mi TV 32 inch one till now. While I prefer it's interface and ease of use, I absolutely hate it's color representation and panel quality.
The blacks aren't dark enough, Red almost looks like Carrot-ish color and if viewed from a distance less than 2 feet, pixels become apparent. From my viewing distance of 7 feet, it's OKish. Content viewed is either from OTT platforms or from YouTube and media hosted on local machines.
From overnight research I have come to few conclusions;
1. Won't be getting any good offerings from named brands in this size and price category. If I stretch budget to 40K then there's one or 2 Samsung and LG devices that come close to cutting it. Moreover, going beyond 35K and getting a 40 incher rubs sore when one looks at 55inch offerings of budget brands in the same price.
2. Can't have OLED in this price, let alone QLED
3. 10-bit is synonymous to HDR but it's Dolby Vision that's more pervasive but then again, budget TV won't be having that either.
Thus the option field gets limited to budget brands such as TCL, Xiaomi, HiSense, Nokia, Thomson .
Problem comes now from 2 aspects; first the "YouTube reviews" of these brands are biased to favor them. Secondly, besides Mi, the chances of having an -in-store demo of these other brands are low to none.
What I'm saying is supporting HDR signal and displaying it are 2 different things.
First things first, all the TV offerings in this size are budget / low end with none of them even coming close to the HDR spec. So you just forget about it at that size and budget.
I think there are a few Samsung and Sony sets at that size which are somewhat decent. Don't even look at LG. Their budget and even midrange is not very good. Samsung Q60T and Sony x80h are somewhat decent I think but again probably over your budget.

At 43" size 4K, 10bit, HDR etc are mere buzzwords. Your budget is below those checkboxes anyway and I would say it is for the better. The below advice sums it up
At 7 ft you could easily go for 55" or atleast 50"

My space constraint isn't for distance but for space. The place where TV will be kept (not mounted) can fit maximum a 43inch screen. I was keeping 4K as a requirement because of future-proofing mainly. My only probable 4K content sources would've been YouTube and Netflix. I bought a 40inch Full HD VU TV back in 2013-14 and its' picture quality is worse than 32 inch Mi TV I bought last year.

That maybe so but Once bitten, twice shy
Given the current offerings or lack of thereof, and their prices, might have to postpone it.

That maybe so but Once bitten, twice shy
Given the current offerings or lack of thereof, and their prices, might have to postpone it.
Try reading the Toshiba thread in the forum. You'd end up with a selection.

Went today to check Samsung U43TU8570. TV was good, but it's pricing wasn't Seller wasn't budging below 47K while Tata Cliq has it for almost 45K

I think you would be better off paying 2000 more and buying from a shop rather than from Tata Cliq.

I am very sorry to say this but somehow I forgot to recommend Sanyo, Kaisen which is a Panasonic undertaking. They have mentioned

"Stunning Visuals​

Enjoy the 4K UHD display of the Sanyo Kaizen TV with HDR 10 and HLG which accurately reproduces over 1.07 billion colours with crystal clear picture clarity. Now enjoy your favourite content in ultra-high 4K definition, regardless of your viewing angle."

Plus Samsung TVs don't last long. Panasonic team B at Rs.30999(Amazon price) is worth considering. Sorry for remembering this in the last minute.

My experience has been to the contrary. Bought a Samsung Bordeaux 26 inch LCD TV back in 2006. Till date it's been working fine without a single fault or repair.

The recent ones are not that good. I have a Samsung 48" HD ready bought in 2016 and got horizontal lines back in 2018. I have only used it as a computer monitor ever since as it does not show that much when used as monitor. When used as a TV it is visible. And colours have washed out.

Toshiba's lineup looks promising but would prefer to check it out before taking a decision on it. VU is out of stock on most e-tailers and no local retailer keeps one either so taking it as an option will be a leap of faith given past experience with VU. Brands like Sanyo, Panasonic, Onida ruled the roost back in the day but after Viera series, even Panasonic lost out in the game. So again, opting for them would be a risky bet.

Toshiba's lineup looks promising but would prefer to check it out before taking a decision on it. VU is out of stock on most e-tailers and no local retailer keeps one either so taking it as an option will be a leap of faith given past experience with VU. Brands like Sanyo, Panasonic, Onida ruled the roost back in the day but after Viera series, even Panasonic lost out in the game. So again, opting for them would be a risky bet.
Panasonic has the customer service network that is equal to trust. Does Vu, Thomson, dyanora, Solitaire, BPL India, Nokia etc. have such a wide service network? That's a big deal breaker for many choosing such brands but Sanyo is different. It has the Panasonic reputation under its hook which is a class A brand.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back