Best av receiver in India

any other speakers

As is mentioned by surfatwork, there's nothing called best. you have to listen to them first and decide. But I fully understand that it's not possible all the time. For floorstanders in budget range, you can look for Polk Audio, Taga Harmony , Yamaha, Pioneer etc But no brand can be pin pointed as BEST among these.

As is mentioned by surfatwork, there's nothing called best. you have to listen to them first and decide. But I fully understand that it's not possible all the time. For floorstanders in budget range, you can look for Polk Audio, Taga Harmony , Yamaha, Pioneer etc But no brand can be pin pointed as BEST among these.
Which brand best in speaker please suggest me

I have this Yamaha receiver a bit older v667....it was a very good one until the HDMI out stopped working. Nope it is not the HDMI cable but probably the HDMI port itself. Now, there is only one HDMI out and 5 HDMI ins. In hindsight,this looks like a ridiculous design though I took it happily when I newly bought. On googling, found out that this issue occurs in Yamaha receiver frequently and didn't find a solution to this in Chennai at least. So be vary of reliability of AVRs when you buy.

Meanwhile, can anyone recommend a repair / soln for this? Since I am not able to use the only HDMI out present, I am using direct connection to the TV and getting the audio over SPDIF through to my AVR and HT speakers.

Gaurav, choice of speakers (especially) is a very personal and subjective one.

It's like choosing between Cheesecake and Chocolate Cake! Each one will appeal to some, and not so much to others.

FMs have suggested some very good options,
so the best way to find out what you like is to audition them yourself, as much as practicable.

Good Luck with the speaker hunt!

Last edited:
I have this Yamaha receiver a bit older v667....it was a very good one until the HDMI out stopped working. Nope it is not the HDMI cable but probably the HDMI port itself. Now, there is only one HDMI out and 5 HDMI ins. In hindsight,this looks like a ridiculous design though I took it happily when I newly bought. On googling, found out that this issue occurs in Yamaha receiver frequently and didn't find a solution to this in Chennai at least. So be vary of reliability of AVRs when you buy.

Meanwhile, can anyone recommend a repair / soln for this? Since I am not able to use the only HDMI out present, I am using direct connection to the TV and getting the audio over SPDIF through to my AVR and HT speakers.

Suggest you post this query in the Yamaha owners thread....I am sure you will get a faster response.....and possibly the solution...

Hi

FMs have suggested many good brands for AVRs and Speakers, you need to audition and decide as each one of us have different tastes in terms of hearing playback, budget, looks etc.....

If audition is not possible then try to see some You tube videos which will give you an idea around the performance etc....

Where are you planning to purchase from? Local dealer or online?

Not sure how many forum members are around your location, else you could have visited them (You need to engage and request with them) and see their system to get an idea....

Most of us have changed and used many brands over the years....its a journey.....never perfect as we always tend to get hungry when the upgrade bug bites us.....

All the best

I think in that case you may have to change the whole HDMI card, I am not sure about the cost but could be between 10-12K

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back