Best AV Reciever for Q acoustic Floor speaker 3050i and 3090i

bbasera

Hi,

Need help to decide ,I am moving from AJ Pioneer ( planning to sell my 5.1 setup) setup to Q acoustic 3000i series. I already bought Q Acoustics Floor speaker 3050i and Center channel Q Acoustic 3090i. I have shortlisted Denon AVR 2700H. need help to decide which AVR will be the best for Q Acoustic.

Thanks

For Movies denon is best. You will not face any issue in driving them.
I am driving same setup by Marantz Nr1508 without any problem at my listening levels

@bbasera, you can check this post to get better idea on the 3050i and Denon combination. My 3050i audition experience with Denon 3500 is outlined here. IMO, 3050i needs a good integrated amplifier to shine. For movies denon 2700 is ok, but for serious listening 3050i and AVRs don't go together.

Hi,

Need help to decide ,I am moving from AJ Pioneer ( planning to sell my 5.1 setup) setup to Q acoustic 3000i series. I already bought Q Acoustics Floor speaker 3050i and Center channel Q Acoustic 3090i. I have shortlisted Denon AVR 2700H. need help to decide which AVR will be the best for Q Acoustic.

Thanks
I have heard the 3050i with onkyo receivers and marantz receivers while i also briefly owned a denon x2400h (heard it with other speakers). For music performance, i found the marantz to be clealry superior to both the onkyo as well as the denon. The marantz has a warm sound signature with a smooth top end which makes for great listening.

If you are adamant on AVR then I would suggest Marantz 5015, Later you can add pre/power-amplifier to it as well in case you don't like the sound signature and want them to be more open.

Else best option would be PM6006/6007

Do not go for 5 series Marantz receiver with q acoustics. I have paired 3050i with SR5014 (2020 model), but i really dont like it. Not at all satisfied with music quality. Movie is only ok. I am using it for an year now, but still not sure whether it is speaker or the receiver problem.

I have heard the 3050i with onkyo receivers and marantz receivers while i also briefly owned a denon x2400h (heard it with other speakers). For music performance, i found the marantz to be clealry superior to both the onkyo as well as the denon. The marantz has a warm sound signature with a smooth top end which makes for great listening.
Thanks a lot, that is very helpful.

Thanks a lot @Pratyush J @Gamerps360 @DB1989 . I am also planning to buy surround speaker, Atmos ceiling Speaker and sub woofer. My setup is in living room which is 19X15 Feet. currently i am doing false ceiling in my new house.

Surround - Q Acoustics 3030i or 3020i Which one will be better? Lot if people are saying 3030i will be too much for surround and should go for 3010i or 3020i so i am confused. But 3030i has amazing reviews. Need help
Sub Woofer- Q Acoustics 2070 Si
Atmos Speaker- shortlisted- Polk RC 60i /RC80i, Stone water CS -6PP, and Phase tech CS-6R?

Need help in selection

Thanks a lot @Pratyush J @Gamerps360 @DB1989 . I am also planning to buy surround speaker, Atmos ceiling Speaker and sub woofer. My setup is in living room which is 19X15 Feet. currently i am doing false ceiling in my new house.

Surround - Q Acoustics 3030i or 3020i Which one will be better? Lot if people are saying 3030i will be too much for surround and should go for 3010i or 3020i so i am confused. But 3030i has amazing reviews. Need help
Atmos Speaker- shortlisted- Polk RC 60i /RC80i, Stone water CS -6PP, and Phase tech CS-6R?

Need help in selection

Good discussion going on Subwoofer at this thread. Sub doesn't required to be same brand.

Regarding surround, I have purchased Polk Owm3 for 15k. Choose them due to thair sleek design. Don't like putting bookshelf as surround on wall.

Need help in selection

3020is will be more than enough. The 3030is are required only if you plan to use them as your fronts. Theres very little action from surround speakers to justify the outlay, especially when the lower frequencies are going to be handed over to the sub which, in turn, negates the need for the bigger driver that the 3030is possess.

and please dont go for the 2070s - you’ll be left wanting. Get the q acoustics qb12. Its phenomenal for the price and does both movies and music well. Ive heard it alongside some XTZ and SVS subs when i was hunting for a new sub (finally landed on a REL as my focus was music) and I thought it went toe to toe with these more established brands insofar as subs are concerned .

Good discussion going on Subwoofer at this thread. Sub doesn't required to be same brand.

Regarding surround, I have purchased Polk Owm3 for 15k. Choose them due to thair sleek design. Don't like putting bookshelf as surround on wall.
@hannibal09 I am making custom stand for surrond as my inertior work is going on.

3020is will be more than enough. The 3030is are required only if you plan to use them as your fronts. Theres very little action from surround speakers to justify the outlay, especially when the lower frequencies are going to be handed over to the sub which, in turn, negates the need for the bigger driver that the 3030is possess.

and please dont go for the 2070s - you’ll be left wanting. Get the q acoustics qb12. Its phenomenal for the price and does both movies and music well. Ive heard it alongside some XTZ and SVS subs when i was hunting for a new sub (finally landed on a REL as my focus was music) and I thought it went toe to toe with these more established brands insofar as subs are concerned .
thanks a lot. I Will not go for 20270 then. I am thinking to buy a preowned sub so that I get value may be XTZ or SVS. How much REL costed you?

Back