Best AVR suggestion

renjith lal

Guys,
I am planning to buy an AVR and shortlisted few AVRs.
Marantz 7011, Yamaha 3060, Anthem 720 and Denon 7200. I was using Anthem 510 before and was happy with it.
Can you guys share your opinion, I like warm refined sound and dont like harshness, sorry not very good in explaining sound.
I will be pairing it with Salk Song 3A speakers. For stereo I will be using Devialet integrated so will be using AVR for movies (blue ray and DVD).
At present I have only two speakers and will add center/subs in near future. My setup will be maximum 5.2.
It will be in living room and size is 16*22 and listening position and setup will be 16 feet between walls.

I know it is better to hear same content side by side and decide but that is bit difficult even though I am in US. But will try to listen before buying.
Would like to know the opinion from all of you.

Thanks in advance.

Arcam is good for my situation as I am mainly looking for good sound and latest format support.
I need only good sound for movies and I am not using AVR for stereo ,streaming, Zone 2 etc.
But in US Arcam is bit expensive and I hear some reliability issues recently. Sub woofer integration should be good though I will add sub later, not now.

I think all AVRs. that you mentioned is flagship models... but IMO Anthem is in different league than others

My setup will be maximum 5.2.
It will be in living room and size is 16*22 and listening position and setup will be 16 feet between walls.

5.2 set-up - do you mean dual subs (or) 2 height channels?..

Did anyone compared these models with the same content?
Would like to know the feedback.

All of the AVR you have mentioned is near flagship.. Buying one itself is a challenge.. So side by side comparison will be hard..

I would go for Anthem due to their precise details & technical choice of components inside their AVRs. Specially the 4K processing is awesome while decoding DTS-HD Master audio!!

As elangoas said, Buying one from this list is a challenge..
I didnt mean buying and comparing, did anyone compared at some dealer that was my question. Sorry for not being very clear.
One of my friend told he compared Yamaha 3060 and Marantz 7011 and Denon 7200 (not at same room but same content). And finally he bought Denon 7200. He says Denon sound is very refined and smooth.
I was interested in knowing opinion from all ht guys.

I didnt mean buying and comparing, did anyone compared at some dealer that was my question. Sorry for not being very clear.

Np..What i meant was comparing even at dealers is itself hard as one dealer doesn't have more than one flagship AVR..

One of my friend told he compared Yamaha 3060 and Marantz 7011 and Denon 7200 (not at same room but same content). And finally he bought Denon 7200. He says Denon sound is very refined and smooth.
I was interested in knowing opinion from all ht guy

Since your are not looking to go beyond 5.2.2 set-up, you could look at Denon x 3300/ 3400..can be significant cost saving compared to flagships.. Has Audyssey XT32 which is also aval in Denon higher series and Marantz Sr 6012/7012..

I am looking for 5.2, two subwoofer (later)not height channels.
Denon 3400 is a good choice but I think they use differetn DAC in 3400 and 7200.
7200 used AKM AK4490 which seams to be a good one. Denon 3400 website didnt mention which DAC.
Only topline models only they mention details about DAC .How good is Denon 3400?
If it is par with Anthem 510 ?

Again just looking to DAC model alone gives all the reality. It depends on how it is implemented etc.
So listening and deciding is the best option.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back