Best budget Amp for Dali ikon 6

My view is that speakers and amps are a combo-a wrong combo and you dont like it, a right combo and you love it. Accordingly do invest some time auditioning equipment, it's worth the time you spend.

I fully agree with u. But its difficult to get the audition of the whole range of speaker-Amp combination available in the market (within the budget range of course). That too at Kolkata.

Hi Jitu
Reaching Delhi tonight. Will be available on 16th and 17th(till 12Noon). It would be fantastic if it could be arranged on 16th.

I have a busy weekend mate, moving to our new house.. wouldnt be able to join ya..
I sent you PM with numbers you need to call, please get in touch and make sure you inform about auditioning..

congrats! where is the new house and when is the party?

I have a busy weekend mate, moving to our new house.. wouldnt be able to join ya..
I sent you PM with numbers you need to call, please get in touch and make sure you inform about auditioning..

I visited Bass n Treble(Delhi) today to auditioned the Marantz PM-15(used).
It was disheartening to learn that the Amp was already sold out (but available in the demo room); I was probably late by couple of hours. Also the MA, RS/RX were not available.
However, the good part was I got a chance to audition the sold out Marantz PM 15 Amp with Quad 22L2 (Thanks to Mr Denny). The experience was awesome.
The Amp was driving the Quad effortlessly and the music was absolutely sweet. The Mids, Highs and low were all balanced. At this moment I would rate Quad 22L2 better than the Dali ikon 6; probably because of the wrong amp combination(ikon 6 with CA and Arcam). Anyways, the outcome is Denon + Kef combo is straight away out from my list.
Next week I'll audition MA RX-6 with Marantz PM-8003 and then take a final call.

Thanks Jitu,
The audition was fantastic with Quad 22L2. But the amp was already sold out.

Thanks Jitu,
The audition was fantastic with Quad 22L2. But the amp was already sold out.

No worries mate. Glad to know you did come to the audition.. Denny is an awesome dealer!
Sorry to hear that the amp got sold before you could get to it.. it was a great deal... but like i have seen a lot of times.. everything happens for the best!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back