Best budget DAC

andis

Dear Friends,

I,m looking for USB DAC, please share your thought for getting me good DAC under budget Rs.10000/-

Rgds,

Andi

hi very difficult to pick the best one lot of dacs are now available in the market.Check blow

http://www.logicform.net/

they have one model made in USA looks good.But if you need best result you should have to check audio gd .Not sure what is your setup is.spending 10k not make much difference.Explain what is your current setup

The other one is

http://schiit.com

which have many user reviews with three models

Last edited:
hi very difficult to pick the best one lot of dacs are now available in the market.Check blow

Logicform NV1 USB Audio Preamp

they have one model made in USA looks good.But if you need best result you should have to check audio gd .Not sure what is your setup is.spending 10k not make much difference.Explain what is your current setup

The other one is

Schiit Audio, Headphone amps and DACs made in USA.

which have many user reviews with three models

Thanks,
Im having NAD 304 amp using preout to Marantz power Amp and speakers KEF Q 500, playing audio through Sony BDP

Thanks,
Im having NAD 304 amp using preout to Marantz power Amp and speakers KEF Q 500, playing audio through Sony BDP

One of the nice things about audio gd is that you can also get a preamp and dac combo for very reasonable money. You can choose to run it as a pure dac or try the preamp section and compare it with what you currently have, which in itself is pretty good though. No other dac will give you this combo in this price point.

I ended up getting rid of my preamp by the way.

Audio GD is very good VFM and have very good functions too.But it is not cost effective now the basic model will cost you around between 30k to 40k to get it in India including custom's duty and all that means this is not a budget dac.

If you strict in the budget please look on the logicform dac as I have mentioned.

Logicform - Hifi Audio I have used three dac including M1 dac too but most satisfied with logicform as usb dac to play via pc.I recommend you to not to spent too much on dac as you cannot notify that much difference in 20k to 50k dac otherwise you have to get most reputed dacs like audioreserch and all will cost a lack.Just download very good bit rate songs from net and use foobar to play then use logicform dac thats it.

I have a AudioQuest Drangonfly for $99 , and happy with it . Earlier i had AudioGD DAC and tried Schiit Modi which are also good.

Schiit Modi is on the warmer side
DrangonFly is more neutral/sparkling/punchy type

Both are at the same price and USB only . You can choose what is best suited for you and the rest of the chain.

DragonFly comes with the preAmp and analog volume control .

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back