Best budget large screen tv for HTPC

hrishi8587

I am looking for good 49-55 inch TV to connect my HTPC. Main use is for watching movies and games. I don't need a smart TV. I am not perticular about 4K. full HD is quite sufficient. I am not perticular about the sound as I use other speakers. My budget is around 35k. Can spend another 5- 10 K if it is really worth.
Came across Sanyo, TCL and VU in Amazon and it comes in my budget but I need help in choosing among them. If any other brand is good in this budget is also welcome

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I am looking for good 49-55 inch TV to connect my HTPC. Main use is for watching movies and games. I don't need a smart TV. I am not perticular about 4K. full HD is quite sufficient. I am not perticular about the sound as I use other speakers. My budget is around 35k. Can spend another 5- 10 K if it is really worth.
Came across Sanyo, TCL and VU in Amazon and it comes in my budget but I need help in choosing among them. If any other brand is good in this budget is also welcome

Vu TV would suit you well. It's amazing and has deep blacks. For best calibration use Rtings.com and checkout the Hisense H8C. If you feel the pic is dull adjust the brightness according to your taste.
I hope this helps.

Main use is for watching movies and games. I don't need a smart TV. I am not perticular about 4K. full HD is quite sufficient. I am not perticular about the sound as I use other speakers

If you can control the lighting in the room, you can consider a LED HD Projector where you can easily get 100 inch screen from 10 feet distance...There is no lamp replacement reqd..

The resolution is not FHD, but 1280 x 800 in 16:10 aspect ratio.. For movies & gaming, large screen experience will be great..

Check this thread - http://www.hifivision.com/home-theatre-projectors-screens/65078-100-inch-screen-10k-led-projector-avail-india-discussion-thread-6.html#post734900

One more thread - http://www.hifivision.com/home-theatre-projectors-screens/66848-budget-setup-27k-inr-pj-egate-p531-1280x800.html

My budget is around 35k. Can spend another 5- 10 K if it is really worth.

The cost of LED HD Projector (Egate P513) + the screen cost (depending on size), wouldn't exceed more than 25K..

I have never used it for gaming though.. Just movies, videos, HD STB, connected to my HTPC..

If you can control the lighting in the room, you can consider a LED HD Projector where you can easily get 100 inch screen from 10 feet distance...There is no lamp replacement reqd..

The resolution is not FHD, but 1280 x 800 in 16:10 aspect ratio.. For movies & gaming, large screen experience will be great..

Check this thread - http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...ail-india-discussion-thread-6.html#post734900

One more thread - http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...get-setup-27k-inr-pj-egate-p531-1280x800.html

The cost of LED HD Projector (Egate P513) + the screen cost (depending on size), wouldn't exceed more than 25K..

I have never used it for gaming though.. Just movies, videos, HD STB, connected to my HTPC..
I have a projector already. Since I cannot use projector all the time I am looking for a TV as I can it more frequently with conviniance

I have a projector already. Since I cannot use projector all the time I am looking for a TV as I can it more frequently with conviniance

In that case, consider models like Micromax who offer straight 3 yrs warranty (Promo festive offers) (or) a brand who offer additional warranty of 2 yrs as optional..

Sanyo /TCL though good on features & price come with 1 yr std warranty.. Plz check if you can get additional warranty with their Toll Free #'s..

VU also come with 1 yr std warranty.. They also provide optional extended warranty..

This 55 inch model from VU meets your budget - https://www.flipkart.com/vu-140cm-55-inch-full-hd-led-tv/p/itmeebefydz73z7t?pid=TVSEEBEFFXZHVZRW&srno=s_1_11&otracker=search&lid=LSTTVSEEBEFFXZHVZRWYB8NIY&fm=SEARCH&iid=6ae06689-c42d-4de5-8056-df9df75d968a.TVSEEBEFFXZHVZRW.SEARCH&qH=e5d0c91cb8ec45d6

In that case, consider models like Micromax who offer straight 3 yrs warranty (Promo festive offers) (or) a brand who offer additional warranty of 2 yrs as optional..

Sanyo /TCL though good on features & price come with 1 yr std warranty.. Plz check if you can get additional warranty with their Toll Free #'s..

VU also come with 1 yr std warranty.. They also provide optional extended warranty..

This 55 inch model from VU meets your budget - https://www.flipkart.com/vu-140cm-5...a.TVSEEBEFFXZHVZRW.SEARCH&qH=e5d0c91cb8ec45d6
Please do not recommend Micromax. Such a bad tv washed out or over saturated colors. The sharpness is too much that picture is never smooth. The others you mentioned are fine.

TCL uses LG Ips panel. So provides similar image quality.

Vu on other hand uses VA panel.

Please do not recommend Micromax. Such a bad tv washed out or over saturated colors. The sharpness is too much that picture is never smooth. The others you mentioned are fine.

if you aren't happy with Micromax, perfectly fine..

Suggestion was towards a brand that offers maximum warranty out of the box, without additional charges..

TCL uses LG Ips panel. So provides similar image quality.

Vu on other hand uses VA panel.

VU offers additional warranty.. If TCL offers the same, then it will be purely preference (VA Vs IPS)..

if you aren't happy with Micromax, perfectly fine..

Suggestion was towards a brand that offers maximum warranty out of the box, without additional charges..

VU offers additional warranty.. If TCL offers the same, then it will be purely preference (VA Vs IPS)..
Yes TCL does provide 3 year warranty just like Vu.

Sept 21-24 Flipkart Big Billion sale is coming up. Last timei bought a 40 Inch HD LED tv at 17k something

Make and model please. Also, your review on how it's performed over the year.

I'm looking for something for the patio/outdoor garden at a budget.

Make and model please. Also, your review on how it's performed over the year.

I'm looking for something for the patio/outdoor garden at a budget.

It was a 40 Inch LED TV, dont remember the model number, it has 2 HDMI and one USB port. will check the model number on TV and let you know.

Its primary TV used in main room, family watch , daily soap operas and music channels. After discount the price was 16,240/- And for that price it was damn worth it. I did not opt for extended warranty and other crap.

I have attached my Altec Lansing MX 5021 speakers to it thru Headphone jack. Overall quality is great on AV front.

Planning to buy a budget 40 inch LED TV in upcoming Flipkart/Amazon sale.

The brands I have in my mind are TCL and VU.

Which is a better brand of these two?

One of my friend bought 49 inch Sanyo full HD LED TV for 33k and it is good thought I haven't seen any VU and TCL TV personality.
Since Sanyo is a subsidiary of Panasonic I guess it must be a good one

What do you guys think of Haier tvs?

I just visited vijay sales and their 55" 4k tv is just below 45k while 65" is below 90k

Im looking for a secondary tv for my bedroon. I got an oled for my den

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back