Best Cassette AC for Home theater/stereo Room

Miany

Hi,

My listening/ theatre room is 17 * 23 feet.

I have installed a 2 ton cassette AC from Mitsubishi when i made the room. Its a non-inverter type AC and the its regularly turn ON and OFF, unlike the inverter type ACs.

Initially, it was quite silent and i could hardly hear it working. But nowadays, its getting a bit noisier sometimes. I consulted with my AC installer and he was recommending me to upgrade it to the inverter type from the same brand.

I cannot change to a split AC now as the room is fully treated and i dont want to break anything now.

I am not sure on how to fix the occasional noise. The technicians visited couple of times and they tried refitting the outer panels. That did not help much. Any other things to try?

Any specific brands/model that i should consider if i am to consider getting a replacement? I am looking at getting a more silent one as a replacement.

Thanks,
Miany

Hi,

I have installed a 2 ton cassette AC from Mitsubishi when i made the room. Its a non-inverter type AC and the its regularly turn ON and OFF, unlike the inverter type ACs.

Initially, it was quite silent and i could hardly hear it working. But nowadays, its getting a bit noisier sometimes. I consulted with my AC installer and he was recommending me to upgrade it to the inverter type from the same brand.

I cannot change to a split AC now as the room is fully treated and i dont want to break anything now.

I am not sure on how to fix the occasional noise. The technicians visited couple of times and they tried refitting the outer panels. That did not help much. Any other things to try?

Any specific brands/model that i should consider if i am to consider getting a replacement from Steve's Plumbing & A/C Service? I am looking at getting a more silent one as a replacement.

Thanks,
Miany
Hi. I'm looking to buy 1.5 Ton and 1 Ton Ac's please suggest which star rating to prefer and brand info. I'm totally confused with all the options available in the market. Thanks.

Hi,

Any specific brands/model that i should consider if i am to consider getting a replacement? I am looking at getting a more silent one as a replacement.

Thanks,
Miany
What kind of sound does it make?

Hi. I'm looking to buy 1.5 Ton and 1 Ton Ac's please suggest which star rating to prefer and brand info. I'm totally confused with all the options available in the market. Thanks.
Since the usage will be minimal, even 3 stars are fine. Mitsubishi and o general and LG and now even samsung are relatively quieter than others. However, not all models are quieter. You need to check the db ratings. If it's under 20 db, you won't hear the ac much.

I thought to share my experience about selecting air conditioning units for listening rooms.
For A/c in my listening room, I had chosen Daikin wall mount split, inverter type, as it had much lower dB noise levels compared to other brands.( those were imported units at that time). . I chose to divide my required TR into two separate units: one of 1 TR and one of 0.75 TR, making total installed capacity as 1.75 TR. These noise levels were lower than 2.0 TR single unit.
As I recall, smaller one (0.75) was having specs of 22-24 dB noise level while the 1.0 TR had 28dB. ( Even toddy they operate at acceptable noise level).
I can operate as per need: one or two at a time , giving due priority to control noise level and cooling.
It has been 12 years since installation and not a problem ever.

I am using a 3 ton LG with cassette indoor unit. Three years now.
I find it pretty quiet. I use it on low fan speed setting.
Higher fan speed setting makes it little noisy.
My room is 14 x 23 ft. Ceiling height is 12 ft.
I am in Nagpur which has very hot summers.

It is what LG calls a multi V installation.
One central compressor with multiple indoor units.
I guess it would work like an inverter air con

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back