Best companies to ship audio equipment

sidvee

I would be very eager to find out what kind of experience members have had in regards to shipping audio components in India - I just had a bad experience with Pafex - wherein I am quite sure that they damaged my amp:mad:
I would also be curious about shipping products overseas from India if one wanted to sell equipment on sites like audiogon etc.
Cheers
Sid

15 days back I sent a parcel of a Power Amp to Bangalore from Delhi through Pafex and in my case same was recieved by the buyer in perfect condition, but in my case I used the original packing which came with the amp.

GATI and India Post will ship by train. if you ship by road cross-country over pot-holes and moon-craters ( yes they are designed here in India and shipped to the moon :D) it is likely to get damaged.

Pafex and Blue-Dart ship by truck.

Cheers

GATI and India Post will ship by train. if you ship by road cross-country over pot-holes and moon-craters ( yes they are designed here in India and shipped to the moon :D) it is likely to get damaged.

Pafex and Blue-Dart ship by truck.

Cheers

Hi Gobble - that is funny:lol:

In our country its purely on luck...no vendor can gurantee honestly...best way is to insure the equipment for shipment...no matter how many days / time will be required to claim the money back in case if one is unlucky to encounter goods damaged in transit...

I had a very very horrible experience with Gati. They got my speakers from Kol, delivered it 4 days late, no customer care, everyone blames everyone, customer care says driver is bad, driver says they never told me to deliver and my speaker was sitting in warehouse for 2 days.

Will never go with Gati again, DHL always gave me good experience.

Same for me with GATI,, Kept draggin me to pick one screen to be sent to Banglore... One fine day delivery van came and personnel told the size is bigger and will send another big van and vanished... Next day called the customer care and they replied that I have refused to pay the money what they charged., that is the report what they received...:mad:

After 2 days finaly one good Regional Manager personaly interfered in my matter and make sure that the item is picked for delivery... But atlast at different price( 20% high) what he quoted was collected by the visited gentleman who came for pickup stating different calculation of weight/Size... So we should be very careful and sending the goods if we opt for door to door delivery. Call customer service tell the size & weight and get the rate, so atleast nearest matching rate we can agree to pay for...

Dream come true would be some operator providing service like UPS delivers in US......on time and in perfect condition ...irrespective of the contents

Yesterday shipped my SAMSON 31 band Equaliser to Chennai from Kolkata for Service to Pro Musicals by DTDC. Lets see what happens to it. :rolleyes:

I will cut DTDC into pieces if anything happens to my EQ......:mad:. They said that they will take it by air.

I too had a terrible experience with GATI. Their customer care does not have any communication facility with their branches. So you end up talking to a headless chicken. A parcel was delivered 6 days late. And finally when I decided to reach the local manager instead of ccare the response was an insolent "so now what you want? What I should do?".

A few weeks back I decided to lug a parcel to post office and pay 400 extra for speedpost ...

Cheers

I use BaxGlobal for all my overseas in/out shipments. Never had a problem yet! Within India, its another story. Irrespective who says what & even if its DHL, its all up to your luck!!

Ram must have been lucky since he swears by DHL. BTW, DHL within India will subcontract to BlueDart & again its down to road/rail/air (in that order) that works out best for the logistic company irrespective what the customer chooses and pays for.

Moreover, in India, there's no regard for sufficient care towards sensitive electronic goods by the logistics association. All are treated like a 'sack of potatoes' being transported.

Hi
can you please give some idea of shipping costs with Baxglobal? especially international - to which country and what the approx costs are like? Do you (or your company) have any special rate with them or are you charged as an individual end user?

thanks

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back