Best dvd player for playing CD

alwayslogo

Hi
I know it is difficult to get a good cd player in budget like below 5k, so the only option remains to buy a dvd player for playing CD.

In these scenario I request my freinds to help me choose a good DVD player for playing CD.

Regards
logo

Hi

From a future perspective, better go in for Pioneer BDP 160k which is a Blu Ray player, plays almost all kinds of discs and also reads all formats through a 1 TB external hard disk....invest once now and enjoy the benefits for atleast 3 years...they player is upgradable through firmware release from Pioneer website. Player costs 9-11k

If you are particular in buying a CD player, lots of good players come up for sale in our forum. Right now there is a decent Yamaha CD player for sale.

If not then the above Pioneer blu ray player is a good idea, if you want the flexibility to play Blu Ray, DVD, CD and other formats also.

I have a Pioneer blu ray player BDP-51FD and I cannot sing more praises of it as a player. It is old school (If you can call a blu ray player that!) but I would say it is a CD player that also plays blu rays.

One more super option is Panasonic BDT-500 which is a super player with audiophile quality DACs similar to my player.

Vinod

Try to get Pioneer 610 which sometimes turns up in used market ... we tested it as CD player in ist mumbai meet

I have similar question in my mind.

Is there a way that i can buy a CD/DVD Player ( Blu-Ray not required, if its there its cool :D) which has built in DAC which has good audio output ( Am not sure whether we get 5.1 Audio )

Could someone suggest me. I checked there were few sony players which has DAC, but looks like they are old systems and its not available in the showrooms. In our forum, i see lots of reviews about pioneer BDP series, does it have a built in DAC ? what are the other players have its own DAC built in.

It would be great if some body throw a light on it.

I have similar question in my mind.

Is there a way that i can buy a CD/DVD Player ( Blu-Ray not required, if its there its cool :D) which has built in DAC which has good audio output ( Am not sure whether we get 5.1 Audio )

Could someone suggest me. I checked there were few sony players which has DAC, but looks like they are old systems and its not available in the showrooms. In our forum, i see lots of reviews about pioneer BDP series, does it have a built in DAC ? what are the other players have its own DAC built in.

It would be great if some body throw a light on it.

You need to know little basic information, all most all digital media players (CD, DVD, BD, USB, TV with USB input, Set top box) have DAC inside unless it is specially built for 'transport' purpose only which is a story of completely another class.

DAC can be found even on a Rs.500 USB stick player which we generally buy from local electric shop and as well as on cell phone you use to enjoy Music. DAC is digital to analog converter. If it is not inside the player, there will be no analog output or conversion. But issue is here about the quality of that DAC. To get high quality conversion many of us use stand alone DACs which are elaborately build for that particular purpose, but it is not a necessary equipment if one is satisfied with the output of the player itself.

So all the talk here is going on regarding the DVD/BD players which can play CD (Audio CD or ACD) maintaining decent quality.

With the experience of my recent acquisition I will also suggest to go for Pioneer BDP-160 which is like a Swiss-knife for all quality needs as digital media player.

Last edited:
Hi
I know it is difficult to get a good cd player in budget like below 5k, so the only option remains to buy a dvd player for playing CD.

In these scenario I request my freinds to help me choose a good DVD player for playing CD.

Regards
logo

I have very high respect for Marantz DV3002. It is an old model but it sounds very good with the rest of the setup in my system.

Do see this thread of mine - http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/51733-am-i-loosing.html

My suggestion would be to try out various DVD players and buy the one which sounds good in your system.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back