Best Flixs - 2008

This year 2008 (jan'08-dec 30,2008) i saw 416 movies in total from bigflix.......the guy at bigflix told me you have set a record.

Hey! Mandeep...that's amazing! :) However, on a lighter note, did you actually open the DVD covers and get around to playing the movies??!! B'cos, bigflix has much more than 416 movies for display, you know..:D.. Best wishes for the upcoming new year!

Cheers,

Also one the DVDs on my list is the LOTR III Special Edition which I was looking for so long. I saw it in the shops yesterday. It costs 999, is a 4-DVD edition and has DTS soundtrack what more could you ask for. Cant wait for this one. I just want to own that blue box. BTW I abhor MoserBaer DVDs, I think such companies only harm the DVD as a medium.

[/url]

You can buy the trilogy at 1999 Rs. I bought it from Crossword last week.

Also bought the Bourne trilogy and Dark Knight DVD which in my opinion was the movie of the year (atleast amongst big releases)

-Sudhir

Last edited:
You can buy the trilogy at 1999 Rs. I bought it from Crossword last week.

Also bought the Bourne trilogy and Dark Knight DVD which in my opinion was the movie of the year (atleast amongst big releases)

-Sudhir

Are they in DTS or only Dolby Digital? I came across the Bourne Trilogy the other day but only in Dolby. I am looking out for DTS.

I know about the LOTR trilogy, wasnt interested in I & II so just want to purchase Return of the King.

MoserW, I dont think Bourne Series has DTS soundtrack. I had checked it sometime back.

HI MicJak77,

Which city are you located? Where do you get these DVD from?
How is the PQ and SQ?

Thanks
Churfsan

Hey Churfsan - me same city as you. I got a guy near my place, I can PM the details if you want, SQ and PQ are as good as it gets. Infact I have purchased lot of DVDs from this guy which include - Hills have Eyes 1, 28 Weeks Later, There will be Blood etc.

Hey Churfsan - me same city as you. I got a guy near my place, I can PM the details if you want, SQ and PQ are as good as it gets. Infact I have purchased lot of DVDs from this guy which include - Hills have Eyes 1, 28 Weeks Later, There will be Blood etc.

Hi MicJack77, it would be very nice if you can PM me the details. Badly looking for a good source in Hyderabad.
Thank you very much.

Churfsan

micjak,

PM me too the details. I would love to have The Transformers for one among others in DTS. Watching it right now on Dolby and its great, but I am sure DTS will rock even more.

Hey! Mandeep...that's amazing! :) However, on a lighter note, did you actually open the DVD covers and get around to playing the movies??!! B'cos, bigflix has much more than 416 movies for display, you know..:D.. Best wishes for the upcoming new year!

Cheers,

good joke...that way i have seen about may be 15000 movies this year as i visited their warehouse recently.......:)

Last edited:
Guys ..I plead ignorance but never heard about Transsiberian. What is this movie?

transiberian ---its a good thriller,a train journey from beijing to moscow,,,,,with great performance from the leading lady and ben kingsley, great locations,,--worth watching

Here's my list.

Madagascar 2 - Escape to Africa
Dark Knight
Iron Man
Hancock
Kung-fu Panda
Twilight
Incredible Hulk
Indiana Jones & Kingdom of Crystal Skull

I was not impressed with

Wall-E
Cloverfield
Quantum of Solace

hi,do chk out TROPIC THUNDER----one helluva movie ,one of the most entertaining movi of 2008---ben stiller ,jack black & robert downey jnr----must watch!!!

-A Wednesday
-Rock On
-Shaurya
-Life in a Metro
-Jab We Met
-Ratatouille
-Kung Fu Panda
-Slumdog Millionaire
list to continue as & when I remember!

-A Wednesday
-Rock On
-Shaurya
-Life in a Metro
-Jab We Met
-Ratatouille
-Kung Fu Panda
-Slumdog Millionaire
list to continue as & when I remember!

Some of them are 2007 movies - Jab we, Life in a metro, ratatouille

Moser, Bourne Trilogy is in Dolby and not DTS :( I think all big videos (Reliance) have dolby only.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back