Best Headphones to buy

Hi Gurus,
I wish to buy one Headphone within the range of Rs.3000/- in mumbai. Some one suggested Sennheiser px100, denon, koss etc. I want to use it while travelling and dont want the in ear headphone.

Thanks

I am no guru but can make an honest suggestion/recommendation for decent entry level headphones...Sony MDR XD 200..costs 1490/- from Sony showroom and is absolute VFM..strong built, VERY comfortable and can be easily worn for hours at a stretch..3.5 mm jack and 3.5 m cord (single sided very easy to manage)...it provides great detail and is worth every penny..does fairly well overall, bass is very good plus mids and highs sound equally good..these headphones aren't for portable use in my opinion :eek:..have been using them thoroughly for past 02 years..watching TV (late night) and with PC...a solid product very happy with it..cnet has rated it
4/5..

Sony MDR XD200 - headphones user ratings and Headphone user reviews and reviews - CNET Reviews

Thanks, rallynut & kittu1977! :)
@kittu1977, will post pics soon, with the Beresford Caiman & just ordered :yahoo:

Congrats Ashok. Double Mazaa!! Can You post the purchase price please? :)
Waiting for a nice review :).

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

:clapping: wow double congrats!!!!! Howmuch did Beresford Caiman cost you ?

Waiting to see both in action :rolleyes:

Congrats Ashok. Double Mazaa!! Can You post the purchase price please? :)
Waiting for a nice review :).

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys :)

I will definitely post a review once I get it and listen to it for a bit.

I ordered the Caiman with a Toslink Cable and a Digital Coax cable. Total damage to the wallet is close to 17K, including shipping.

I'd also bought a HippoCase for the headphones from Pristine Note at eBay.in.

Here are the snaps as promised :)

HP01092010536.jpg
HP01092010534.jpg
a31082010531.jpg

Hydra, Congrats! I just checked this thread to add that if you want you can audition the ad700s at my place as I got them recently, but I see that you have already made the purchase.

Edit: What timing! Just saw the pics after I posted. Looks neat! Even I have to get a Hippo case for my ad700s.

^^ Thanks :)

AD700s huh! Congrats to you too! Maybe we should meet up sometime and check each others cans out :p

I want to buy over ear headphones in under 4000rs and was thinking of sennheiser hd 429.
Is there a better option?

I want to buy over ear headphones in under 4000rs and was thinking of sennheiser hd 429.
Is there a better option?

look at Grado Sr60i, Sr80i (99$), Shure SRH 440, Audio Technica AD 700, Koss Porta pro lots of options actually.

Options will reduce considerably depending on constraints like listening environment(work, private room, during transit etc.,), music genres and sound signature preference.

Give those details and you can get better suggestions.

On a side-note i love Grado's sound but comfort is a major gripe!

sennheiser hd280pro will come at the price quoted. .. got better reviews... hd429 is also not a bad choice...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back