Best Hindi collection?

Sunheri Yaadein discs aee the same as Classics Revival. They are inferior.
I used my Yamaha 5.1 system too for testing revivals. They sound fancier, yes. But original ones are miles better.

The legends discs too are degraded, I believe.

I also use computer speakers to get bad results. But skullcandy and Yamaha sound great.

I used my Yamaha 5.1 system too for testing revivals. They sound fancier, yes. But original ones are miles better.

I also use computer speakers to get bad results. But skullcandy and Yamaha sound great.

will you revel configuration of yamaha 5.1 - which are the speakers??
what is the source??is it a good CD player??

Sarith, did you like the Sunheri Yaadein disc??

Some tracks in Sunheri Yaadein cd is okay, like track 2, 4, 6 etc . They have done some remastering, but it is not overwhelming in all tracks unlike the Revival CD I had in which the Vocals are compromised and the instrumentals are too forward for my liking.

Maybe not all revival CDs share similar fate. The Legend discs do not exhibit the kind of quality one expects from a CD but hey, these are songs from the 70's to 80's. Again, in the Legend CD, not all tracks are bad.

Did I like them all? Well, if I am given a choice either to choose the real good old stuff and the ones we mentioned here, I would definitely go for the old (gold) even if it is thrice the cost of new ones

Hi hemant, unfortunately I'm not at home so I can't let you know the model of my Yamaha 5.1 system. The source is a Phillips DVD player (I'm not sure which but it has an HDMI output). That's how I listen to it.

Sarith, I tried the maly. songs on revival and the are very different from the Hindi revivals.
Songs like Na Koi Umang Hai in revival sound pleasing
At the same time, songs like Rimjhim Gire sawan (Lata) sound muffled as compared to the OST cd
But the heaviness of the re recorded part keeps me on.

Some songs sound really different while others sound normal. A few sound muffled too.

There's no problem in trying out.

Just let me know about your experience. :)

Hi hemant, unfortunately I'm not at home so I can't let you know the model of my Yamaha 5.1 system. The source is a Phillips DVD player (I'm not sure which but it has an HDMI output). That's how I listen to it.

Sarith, I tried the maly. songs on revival and the are very different from the Hindi revivals.
Songs like Na Koi Umang Hai in revival sound pleasing
At the same time, songs like Rimjhim Gire sawan (Lata) sound muffled as compared to the OST cd
But the heaviness of the re recorded part keeps me on.

Some songs sound really different while others sound normal. A few sound muffled too.

There's no problem in trying out.

Just let me know about your experience. :)

I think it is low end Yamaha HTIB with yamaha speakers as you do not even remember any brand
also the source is to best a lousy one

by no way this system is called reveling

so maybe MP3 and Cd will sound the same as showing the difference is beyond its capacity.

why I am saying that I think you have not experienced original songs especially on vinyl .. or have you? What was the rig? which other rigs have you experienced??

How do you like your whiskey? Esp you have single malt ? how do you like to have it?

I just finished ripping Ameen Sayani's "Geetmala Ki Chhaon Mein Vol5" SaReGaMa label (green packaging)using Ruby Ripper on Linux. I am quiet satisfied wit the quality. While its not a modern recording in original form, it is not tinny or thin although it has all the attributes of recording gear used in the 1950s.

Unfortunately my tube amp is not "euphonic" like vintage gear so the charm of mimicing an old vintage radio is lost, but I will get there with a DIY project later this year. :)

G0bble

Well to continue the topic of the best sounding audio cd's, I would like to add my additions.
I've quite a few of Hindi audio cd's and some of them sound very nice. To name a few...

Devdas
Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (HDDCS - A true fan, also a forum member, shares the same name)
Saawariya
Jodhaa Akbar
Lagaan

And many more...

And from the oldies... one is too good...
Nikaah / Laila Majnu - exceptional quality, especially the vocals are really good.

I'm always in lookout for Hindi audio cd's which have good quality sound. Any recommendations would be great.

HDDCS - A true fan, also a forum member, shares the same name
;)

I'm annoyed (nothing serious) with soooooooo many questions!!!!! For your question hemant, I'm a 16 yr old so I've never drunk ;)

My head is spinning. I need a break. I'll be back with answers.
Ta - ta

;)

I'm annoyed (nothing serious) with soooooooo many questions!!!!! For your question hemant, I'm a 16 yr old so I've never drunk ;)

My head is spinning. I need a break. I'll be back with answers.
Ta - ta

After one and half month do you got some time to read brand and specifications of you system(s)?

Meanwhile which good 2 channel system you heard?

Hemant

I finally got the answer to the question! The reason behind the poor audio quality on Saregama discs is the extra filtering process they apply.
I have an audio CD by EMI manufactured in the early 90's, I guess. The title is Lata Mangeshkar - the unforgettable, or something. It consists of songs from the late 40's to 50'. The quality is surprisingly good! I can't comment on the source (whether they are from vinyl records, or cassette tapes [2 songs out of the 15 have cassette like quality].) The presence of slight hissing confirms that no noise removal has been applied. But compared to the Saregama CDs available now, they sound really good. The latest Saregama CDs have applied Noise red.

Now, unless the noise/hissing removal has been done professionally, results cannot be good. CDs by Saregama now a days seem to have this noise removal carelessly done, and it makes the audio very squelchy and poor. Trust me! It sounds terrible.
Wonder why audio in the DVDs sounds better? It is because the noise removal is seldom applied.

Take this song for instance :-

DVD version (where I'm sure no unnecessary noise removal is present) : - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmdtYWFMtFo

CD version (apparently the CD is sourced from a poor quality tape, and the noise removal is applied to get rid of the hissing : - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0f6NcZEhY0

Don't you realize the difference?

Please do not recommend source material because you heard them in iball speakers and liked it. I almost fell for it and made an online purchase. Good thing I delayed it. G0bble

The Classic Revival is good. Unfortunately, it is not available in the market anymore. I have nearly 90% of the CDs released, and am looking at ways of getting the rest.

One of the best options I have seen is to go to hamaracd.com, make a CD there, and get it delivered to your home. Does not cost much, and the quality is reasonably good.

Sometime in the near future, I plan to create a thread that has spectrum analyses of some of the CDs released in India. I even took a few DVDs, ripped the music, and checked their quality.

The worst was YRF DVDs (that come in a Blu-ray kind of cover but red in color). When I ripped one of the songs and checked it's quality, a song from Veer-Zara has been completely chopped off flat at 10kHz. I checked a few other songs, and there were all the same. Shocking.

Songs from Classic Revival have a decent bandwidth, some peaking at 22kHz. But, the bulk of the songs are below between 10-15kHz.

I found modern recordings to be good. The CD of Bang Bang is really good with a large part of music fluctuating between 15-22kHz. If I remember right, Bang Bang is released by Sony.

Another set of CDs I liked is titled 'It is Rocking xxxx' where xxxx stands for the year. I have 2011, 2012, and 2013. Released by T-Series, the songs have been well recorded and presented.

I think pre-80 songs have an issue with their master itself. Someone at Saregama has screwed big time when transferring all the music to a digital database. If my suspicion is right, I believe all those songs are lost in terms of recording quality.

If some one knows where I can buy Classic Revival CDs, I would be glad to hear from him/her.

Cheers

Last edited:
Even I own a majority of the Classics' Revival discs, including the milestone Lata forever collection, which is the best of all discs.

I too am trying hard to look for the rarer albums like "Aye Dil E Nadaan", "Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum", "Yeh Kya Hua", "Sapnon Mein Agar Mere", etc.

Now, I don't have much of technical expertise, or a high end sound system. Hence, don't expect me to get into deeper technical details.

In short, I'm proud to own these disc! These discs are a hundred times better than the regular Saregama junkies. However, the early EMI releases are somewhat better than Class. Rev.

b11814.jpg

I've heard that these disc have digitally cleaned audio. Does anyone in the forums own this? Can someone tell how the quality is?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back