Best Home Theater under 80k

Hi,

Bargain for 58k and then close it @ 60k if you are happy and satisfied with the performance, appearance of the whole system along with warranty. Ensure its manufacturer warranty...not seller warranty...

Looking at the budget i would suggest you to go for Paradigm Cinema 5.1 system. Its worth in the said amount.
otherwise I would advise you to select a desenct AV receiver like Denon 1200w (Rs.50K) and Zenson 3 bookshelf speaker for time being. As and when you have finance available you go for better 10" subwoofer like (martinlogan or paradigm). Then further go for central channel speaker and surround speakers of Klipsch, polk audio, Dali or paradigm as per your test.

Hey guys,

Does anybody have any experience with Heco victa prime 702 towers? The specs are good and even the reviews i read about them are all positive. I'm getting them for 36k for a pair. Is is a good deal?

@BassHead - when you have so many choices, hear hear hear. Best is to trust your own ear.

I have done this time and again, confused the daylights out of me for the plethora of options and opinions available and ended up flushing down my real hard earned money and the ROI was only frustration and the feeling of having left out on a good chance of owning THAT speaker. My suggestion, eliminate, as many as you can, by direct comparisons and opinions (those you trust). Create a shortlist, see what you can audition, if the auditioned ones sound GOOD/GREAT to you, stick to those. If not, stick to your second choice and take a leap of faith. I have made some good purchases in the past just sticking to my shortlisted options, whenever I dwindled from that path the results have rarely been good.

I would put my two cents on Wharfedales - 220/210 (front/rear). Wharfedales have stood the test of time and many acclaimed critics and users here on this very forum. If you are going for the sub, I would suggest you can go for some good bookshelves from Wharfedales and an AVR from Marantz/Denon, add a sub, something like a Samson Media One 10 and you have your full system within your budget. I have personally always felt that a sub (or two) does a much better job of creating the rumble than most towers (my opinion). With a good cross over setting, you can really make your system shine.

I am building a system myself right now I heard the mentioned Wharfedales and they sound great, though, considering my requirement is purely movies and no music at all, I am leaning towards BA 26s and 25s for VFM factor and suggestions of many here. I haven't heard them, I do not know how they sound, but I am taking that leap of faith. My system config (most probably) is going to be - BA26s (Front)+ BA25s(Rear)+ BA 225C (Center)+ Samson MediaOne 10 + Marantz NR1506 = 98K approx. in all.

I know the Wharfies are incredible and if I was in the need of a music/movie system, I would have gone for them definitely, considering movies is all I need, I am taking a call due to the BAs fun signature. That can be a positive for movies.

Last edited:
Hi Chander,

Thank you for your input. So going by your statement if my requirements are mostly movies then I should opt for BS+sub combo and if its mostly music then FS makes sense?
The thing is I'm anyways going to keep a sub either ways. If I opt for FS the sub will wait for a while but eventually I will get one.
My usage is 50-50 for movies and music. What do you suggest?

For 50/50 Movie/Music I would suggest to go for BS+Sub. If you have the budget and patience to wait, then you can look at FS :)

Wharfe 225 BS/220C or Dali Z3 BS/Vokal will be a good combo to start with.

Hey BassHead,

For the 50/50 as sanloyn suggested, BS+ Center Channel+ Sub +AVR (I would suggest try Marantz, even their AVRs are pretty musical).

In my opinion - and this is purely my opinion - BS + Subs always do a better job than FS alone. FS, however combined with a sub can sometimes, get tricky on the perfect crossovers and tend to get a little boomy. Again, this is purely my opinion - everyone hears things differently. I love bass, but not the boominess. I like my bass to come, hit, go! With FSs and a sub I have very rarely got that effect, unless you are looking at some expensive FSs, that have a very accurate lower range.

If I had the budget for FSs, then I would love to get myself two nicer pairs of BSs for the front and surround, and use 2.1 for music and 5.1 for movies.

One of our forum members who also happens to be my friend owns the AJ FS52 towers and AJ BS speakers. He recently bought Dynaudio Emit 10 BS (which are mindblowing right out of the box) and could be selling his AJ speakers now.... He already gave me a hint so I'm hopeful. Used for a little over a year and sounds "oh so sweet". Asking price is 22k for the pair of towers and BS. No center speaker though.
Going by the unavailability of these speakers and crazy increased prices I think its a good deal. What do you think guys??

One of our forum members who also happens to be my friend owns the AJ FS52 towers and AJ BS speakers. He recently bought Dynaudio Emit 10 BS (which are mindblowing right out of the box) and could be selling his AJ speakers now.... He already gave me a hint so I'm hopeful. Used for a little over a year and sounds "oh so sweet". Asking price is 22k for the pair of towers and BS. No center speaker though.
Going by the unavailability of these speakers and crazy increased prices I think its a good deal. What do you think guys??

22K for the Towers & BS are really great.. Snatch it :eek:hyeah: Just make sure you can get hold of the center too..

Yeah...Just in case I'm not able to get the C22 speaker then which center do you suggest from other brand which can gel well with the AJ towers?

Yeah...Just in case I'm not able to get the C22 speaker then which center do you suggest from other brand which can gel well with the AJ towers?
Am not too sure, but Taga Harmony Platinum LCR 60 you may consider only if u don't get hold off C22 center..

Anything under 12k bro?? The C22 costs eye watering 17k+ in Amazon and its not available for purchase separately from dealers as well. I guess I will have go for a different center.

Anything under 12k bro?? The C22 costs eye watering 17k+ in Amazon and its not available for purchase separately from dealers as well. I guess I will have go for a different center.
Try to source it from our FM first, juz in case someone is upgrading.. Use the wanted section in the forum..

If you don't get any leads, then looking for a different center is the only way..

I might as well try the "phantom" way till I get my hands on the center.

Thanks you guys, really appreciate all your valuable inputs. :)

Hey guys,

Please suggest me a good stereo amp to drive the Pioneer AJ FS52 towers. Budget is strictly 15k. I know its quite low but at this point of time I cannot invest more than this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

If you are looking out for a decent center speaker...

Why not look at Taga? C-90SL? 906C? 806C?

Thanks efernand1 for the suggestion. Im trying to get the AJ C22 center speaker from US. If I couldn't get from there, will surely look at those options.

Right now Im looking for a stereo amp for not more than 15k. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back