Best Home theatre specs for an amateur in various price ranges

narcotizeur

Hi, I have recently bought LG 55UF7700 UHD 4K TV with following audio Specs
# Subwoofer (yes),
Audiooutput(20w total),
Dolby Digital Decoder(yes),DTS decoder(yes)
Sound System( 20W / 2 ch Speaker System),
Smart Sound Mode (yes),
Clear Voice II (yes)
Digital Audio Out (Optical)
HDMI 3 (Side)

At present i want to buy a homeTheatre of 1- 1.5 lakh range.
i was planning to buy Bose SoundTouch 130 home theatre system which comes out of the same range.(i am a big fan of bose home theatre system).
But after spending that much , all i will be getting is SoundTouch 130 soundbar speaker,Wireless Acoustimass module along with a Control console.

After reading various threads from this forum , i understood that i can get better specs with same amount.
So kindly suggest
1)a good home theatre system(speakers,subwoofer,amplifier/reciever/cables etc-everything in detail) for me in 1 Lakh range. Even if i get it cheaper( 60-80 range ) or slightly costly (1.2-1.5 L range), it doesnt matter. All i want is a really worth , enjoyable good home theatre system for me to watch Movies,Movies, movies and also music , sports which is superior to bose home theatre.
2)a good Blu- ray Disc Player.
3)where to get the suggested item cheap and best.
4)any good thread/site to learn basics of components of a good hometheatre
NB:i am an amateur who donno much about electronics. All i want is to really enjoy watching movies.I am staying in a flat. So the rooms are not that big. Also i may have to relocate on and off.My current location is Cochin , kerala.

Hoping that some of the senior members will help me in detail for the same..
Sincerely,Narcotizeur

Hi

To be honest there are a lot of systems available which you need to personally audition to understand and also experience which one suits your requirements...for example there are AVRs which are normal and there are some with gimmicks like Bluetooth and wifi...you need to ask yourself if you will really use these features.....Speakers are of various varieties...bookshelf type, satellite type and towers.....

Advisable to carry your kind of music and audition as many brands and systems as you can and start shortlisting the ones which meet your requirements....remember AVRs keep changing with time and so like most of us members do, change the AVR (upgrade) however in most cases the speakers remain the same......

If budget is a concern, would suggest you look at the For Sale by owner section or visit Hi Fi Ads where you will get good equipment in pristine condition for reasonable rates.....all the best

After reading various threads from this forum , i understood that i can get better specs with same amount. So kindly suggest

Bose is a very renowned brand and offer excellent out of the box solutions. Very useful for those who want things working right away. Very little scope of improving if you are not happy with the performance.

On the other hand, going with a mix n match setup allows you to add remove or change entities to fine tune the setup over a period of time.

Both paths have their advantages and disadvantages.

You could visit a home theater store such as Pro FX in your area to audition and compare various setups. That will give you a good idea of different speaker-receiver combinations, types of speakers, etc.

MaSh

All you you need is a 7.2 AVR (depending on the size of room) (Brands: Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo, Pioneer, Marantz, order not in preference) you can set aside a budget of around 50K for AVR, rest 60-70K for speakers and a blu ray player.

Initially you can go for 2 fronts (bookshelves or floor standers), a center speaker and a woofer, later on you can add surrounds. This way you will build a solid system which will be future proof and will give you better resale value. For the speakers you can choose any good brands like Mission, Focal, Klipsch, Wharfedale, Magnat, Elac, PSB, Mirage, jamo, polk audio, energy etc. Don't consider satellites as they are only good for movies not for music.

Generally to have a good tonal match, center and fronts bought are from the same brand with a matching model. Around 25-30K for sub, rest 40K can be invested in center and fronts. As suggested already to you carry your movies and music along with you and demo them with mixing the different brands of AVR with speakers. Pick the one liked by ears.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back