Best iem or headphones under 2000?

I couldn't find any other closed back in the range of 25k which could beat beyerdyanmic DT700 PROX in musicality, the treble peak in DT770 series were ear piercing for me, while Audiotechnica M50x and Sony MDR-7506 were too analytical for me, Meze classic/Neo 99 were too warm for my taste. But when it comes to open backs vs closed backs i would any day pick my hfm Sundara or Audiotechnica ATH R70X over any closed back in this price range for their sheer musicality, basically if you could manage to find a peaceful corner without much ambient noise in your home for enjoying music, open back headphones are the way to go, but if ambient noises are present then, the isolation offered by closed backs is unparalleled, so you could listen to music even in little noisy situations. Both of them have their own use case scenario, but i would suggest you to check out Hifiman or Audiotechnica or Sennheiser openbacks in similar price range before buying DT900 PRO X.
Thanks @ZzZzZ for the comments and suggestions. I agree with you.. Beyer did well with the tuning of the DT 700 Pro X. Closed backs are hard to get right in general! For reasons of isolation I chose the 700 Pro X over the 900 Pro X back then (home, commute). Now I could go for an open back.

HFM Sundara (laid back sound) and R70X (super wide soundstage) come up a lot in Reddit posts as good open backs. There are so many choices in the open back world. Good to know you think highly of them. I will sample them when I am back in Melbourne.

I am tight on a budget and an looking for iems or headphones or earphones under 2000 to go with my ipod classic. Please recommend me some!
I would recommend truth hear zero. Balanced with very controlled high end. Many cheap Chinese iems face problem at high end, at least for me. Not so the zero. This is my go-to iem when I am traveling. Just take care to get a good carry box, if you are buying this iem; the pouch that comes with the iem is very flimsy and understably so, for the price.
Good luck!
Regards Lokesh

I would recommend truth hear zero. Balanced with very controlled high end. Many cheap Chinese iems face problem at high end, at least for me. Not so the zero. This is my go-to iem when I am traveling. Just take care to get a good carry box, if you are buying this iem; the pouch that comes with the iem is very flimsy and understably so, for the price.
Good luck!
Regards Lokesh
From where did you buy truthear zero in India ?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back