Best LP bought for Rs 150 ($3) or under

gangof4

Hi, Everyone has come across some gems while looking for records. What is/are your best LP bought for Rs 150 ($3) or under ever? Lps that turned out to be your best find.

Last edited:
Dear Gangof4,
You are requested to write a bit more if you expect detailed replies from FMs. These one-line queries make one feel as if you are interviewing them. People are more likely to share their thoughts once you begin to do likewise.
No offense meant, so dont take any.
Regards

in here. most of my lps were less thn 100 inr in past. i guess most of my fav albums could be blanket listed in this forum.
however my personal likes are the folk/recordings of well known non-cine artists who were very famous in their own right.
bulleshah diyan kafian- ep
aziz nazan- lps and eps ahving his sgnature songs jhoom barabar khoom, maati k putle, dekh tamasha ladki ka and lastly aaj jawani par itrane wale.
english songs by mohd rafi-ep
many more i can term.
reminds me some kolkata forum member posted an lp voice of netaji(subash chandra bose) that hge picked up for 40 rs barely 2 mths back

King Crimson - Court of the crimson king
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde

both bought at Rs.50 from an individual...

suicide- self titled
kinks- something else by the kinks
both from a flea market in brussels

miles davis- bitches brew
black sabbath- first album vertigo swirl
hendrix- axis bold as love on track records
from chor bazaar in bombay

sonic youth- sister
jesus and mary chain- psychocandy
from ebay for one pound

Dark side of the moon - Indian pressing 0 For Rs 10 ( 2 Copies) ,12 Years back from Raddiwala
We are the world - Rs 100

Dark side of the moon - Indian pressing 0 For Rs 10 ( 2 Copies) ,12 Years back from Raddiwala
We are the world - Rs 100

I would be more interested to know where can you buy a vinyl NOW for under $3. :licklips:

I see hemant has a spare DSOM! Even with lot of appreciation it should be less than $3! :D

hi TaureanBull,

there are enough places where you can still find gems for $3 or less. :licklips:

Hi gof4,

My best find was "Love & Kisses" from the Brotherhood of Man, paid Rs.40/- for a mint condition Imported print almost 2 years back, it is my treasured possession.:licklips:

N.Murali

off lately i have bought many vinyls for around 100 - 250 rs. the best of the covers and excellent quality
this has been bought from various sources. not one fixed one.
the cheapest and the best condition you can say was U2 War & Bruce Springsteen River @ 100 each
but as i said many recently at very reasonable prices

but yes, the fact remains that quality albums in excellent condition is getting hard to come by these days. you need to be patient. the supplies in chor bazaar in bombay has dried up considerably in the last few years.

I have bought many tamil film LPs in mint condition for Rs.70 in Bangalore. Some reasonably good quality LPs were bought in Madurai for Rs.10 (Yes, Ten Rupees only).

Tina Turner - Private Dancer
Jimi Hendrix - Experience
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Deep Purple - 24 Carat Purple
The Entire Boney-M collection ever to be released on LP in India (except the Christmas album which I have on CD)

all for 50 bucks (each) each from a friend

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back