Best Media Player with the best Youtube functionality

jain1980

I am looking for a media player that plays all local file formats and also comes with the best Youtube HD functionality and UI. Please suggest some players. My budget is 8K.

I am looking for a media player that plays all local file formats and also comes with the best Youtube HD functionality and UI. Please suggest some players. My budget is 8K.

Go DIY, take a cubox i4 pro and install xbmc on it with youtube plugin and also add one IR remote this will be much better than any off the shelf product.

Go DIY, take a cubox i4 pro and install xbmc on it with youtube plugin and also add one IR remote this will be much better than any off the shelf product.

Thanks but I am not very knowledgeable about xbmc and all the related stuff. I want a out of the box solution that would fulfill my requirements.

will it support DTS HD MA and Dolby True Dh audio?

You are right it does not, probably I should have asked OP if he has multi channel AVR setup or has future upgrade plans. Nevertheless I did not want to suggest any off the shelf media player since the firmware options are usually limited in them which I am not sure will gracefully support Youtube HD or not and for HTPC the budget needs to be higher. May be if someone can share their first hand experience on Youtube HD supported media player that will be great.

You are right it does not, probably I should have asked OP if he has multi channel AVR setup or has future upgrade plans. Nevertheless I did not want to suggest any off the shelf media player since the firmware options are usually limited in them which I am not sure will gracefully support Youtube HD or not and for HTPC the budget needs to be higher. May be if someone can share their first hand experience on Youtube HD supported media player that will be great.

Yes, I have a 5.1 Yamaha RX-V475 receive and 5.1 speaker setup. I use Chromecast for the Youtube and it plays HD files fine but its not the ideal solution. Chromecast cannot be used without your smartphone and a wireless router where both the smartphone and chromecast are connected to the same router. I am planning to use my Media player with wireless connection to a MTS wireless dongle.

How much budget and shelf space would a proper HTPC require? I have space only to fit in a media player like WDTV Live in my setup.

Thanks but I am not very knowledgeable about xbmc and all the related stuff. I want a out of the box solution that would fulfill my requirements.

On second thought may be you can try an Android TV box like Amkette Evo TV (starts Rs 5K+) which might be able to do this, yet DTS-HD / DD-HD may still be unsupported.

From what i have browsed thru till date, youtube does not provide HD audio, it does provide basic 5.1 though

Last edited:
I have got this... MINIX NEO X8-H, this could easily replace a HTPC

Now that you have it for sometime what is your opinion about it ?

Have couple of questions.

- Any problems you faced with video playback across different formats ?
- Does it support 3D ?
- Does it have Cinevia check built in ?

-Fillmore

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back