Best Media Player

J.River is an excellent audio player, just downloaded the trial. I'm using it with Asio4all.

Yeah I've used it in the past. But it's not free. But the best players are...

1. cPlay with ASIO4ALL.
2. Foobar with ASIO4ALL/KS/WASAPI (for Vista).
3. XMPlay with ASIO4ALL/WASAPI (for Vista).

Winamp too is pretty good for audio as with other players like VLC, MPC, Songbird, AIMP2, Quintessential Media Player, etc. but none come close to the top 3.

Give XMPlay a shot. You'll be surprised at how lightweight it is and yet with its BASS engine it rocks and to top it all its free.

I downloaded but din't like the interface, so I removed. Any specific configurations needed for the playback ? I'll try it with my FLACs now.

OMG OMG OMG it rocks, I'm using it with the Creative Live 24-Bit sound card and i-Trigue 200 speakers. There are lots of options to explore but don't know how. Someone explain please.

OMG OMG OMG it rocks, I'm using it with the Creative Live 24-Bit sound card and i-Trigue 200 speakers. There are lots of options to explore but don't know how. Someone explain please.

Well I told you it would. Coming to options, I will update it on the cPlay thread so all information will be centralized and accessible and helpful to all newcomers. Hope that is ok with you.

Do I have to select the song, each time when a playback ends or there's another way for it.

Read the cPlay thread. You have to create a Cuesheet file. Just load all the FLAC files and create a Cuesheet file. It's just like a playlist for FLAC files. Then just load the Cuesheet and it will play all the FLAC files.

Foobar for music and MPC-HC for videos. Use the custom EVR renderer in Vista with a DXVA compatible graphics card, and you have the card accelerating your HD rips.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back