Best Mini Theater Solution

richi1

Hello Friends,

I am looking for best mini theater solution with capacity of 90-100 people. Can any please guide me what is type of projectors or HDTV, etc is suitable, looking for nice quality and competitive pricing .

Thanks
Richi

The length of hall is around 39 feet. Screen size can be around : 15'X 7.25' .
Budget - should be reasonable with quality .

Thanks,
Richi

15 feet wide is a very big screen. You need high lumens to fill that screen. There are business projectors which has high lumens but are not such great at video quality.

At low/moderate budget - you can get Epson 5010 and run it in high power mode. It will give you decent light output.

If you are willing to spend more money, then look for Digital Projection projectors. Some of those come with dual lamp, giving more flexibility.

Otherwise, there are always business projectors. You can still get away with those.

Manoj,

In most cases the houses can accommodate a 12 feet wide screen and there is no problem with the picture quality too so 15 feet should not be any issue. I am sure something i am missing because you know so much about the projector world. Please advice.

About the projector with dual lamp, please tell me the benefits? Does it mean that if one lamp stops working, the other one will start automatically?

V

Vinay,

Every projector has fixed light output, in terms of lumens. Almost all the projector manufacturer's inflate the rated lumens, as it is very tough to reach those in normal viewing. Anyway, even if we take those nos, then projector lights up the screen with its light output. Now, the brightness of the picture will depend upon the screen area.

Let's take an example of 10 ft wide, 16:9 screen. Its area comes to 56.25 sq ft. If the projector is 1000 lumens, then the brightness is 17.77 ft-lambert. The cinema theaters are between 8~12 ft lamberts. It's still quite dim. For home viewing many people prefer 12~16 ft lambert. Add in the lamp dimming over time (lamp dims about 30% after first 100 hrs and then gradually dims) and you are already seeing less brightness. The problem with less brightness is picture will not look punchy, you will lose shadow details and as such.

In case of OP, the area of 12 ft wide screen is 81 sqft. For 15 ft wide, it jumps to 127 sqft. Its not a small increase. The projector will have to be atleast 150% more bright to begin with. I changed my setup to 16:9 with new projector and limited the screen width to 11ft wide (from earlier 12 ft wide) to factor in the brightness.

As for dual lamp, it has two lamps as name suggests. You can either use 1st lamp, 2nd lamp or both together to give the boost in brightness. As we know that lamps dim, many people use 1 fresh lamp for first 500 hrs. Then 2nd lamp (which is still new) for another 500 hrs. By this time both the lamps are quite dim. From this point on, they can choose to turn on both at the same time and regain that light output.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back