Best Passive Bookshelf Speakers under 10K ?

Hi, I am looking for a good pair of Passive speakers that comes under 10K budget. I have Dayton Audio B652 Air in mind. which is comes around 12K. what is your suggestions ?. I have to hook it up with SMSL AD18 Amp.
IMHO, don't get this SMSL AD18 or any digital amplifier. Rather I would suggest, you get a Norge 2060 amplifier, around INR 10,000/- and either Norge millenium speakers/ Boston Acoustics BA26 or if you like laid back sound Wharfedale 220, all within INR 20,000/-. All within INR 30.000/-.
You will be satisfied with the audio quality in the long run and the upgrade bug will not bite you until you want to go in for some MNC brand and shell out extra money to get some extra audio quality. If you want the digital inputs, you can opt for some external dac later.

I myself use two Norge amplifiers with Sonodyne 2605 vs floor standers and fully satisfied with the sound. I have also used Marantz PM6000 series amp and though there are differences between Norge and Marantz, with the later being definitely better, but the difference is nominal and one can live happily with Norge alone. When it comes to playing from the computer, digital music player, etc., etc., I neither use bluetooth due to bad audio quality nor digital connections. I always use the headphone outs and to solve the impedance mismatch problem between headphone out and line in of amplifier, I use a buffer and the audio is loud, clean and clear.

The only upgrade I wish to make now is to sell one of my Norge amplifiers and get a Norge power amplifier to be used with a tube preamp, but one NORGE integrated will always stay.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back