best picture quality for flat screen tv

salbev

hello, all,

after many hours of research i am still unsure about what to buy. i will buy Tata Sky, a dvd player and a flat screen tv. unsure about the the tv and the dvd player.

here's the info and details...

i'll be watching movies and serials at night in a dark room.

viewing distance is 12 feet.

budget is open.

i will be viewing with headphones so i am not interested in the audio features of a tv.

i am mainly interested in picture quality.

i looked at the Panasonic P50U20D and was quoted Rs. 69,000. it looked like the best one at the shop, though i have read about the other panasonic models and wonder if i should consider them or any other model.

i have to deal with many power outages, so a UPS is a must. we have a generator here that is fairly reliable, though it sometimes takes a few minutes to kick in. which UPS for a 50" plus screen, dvd player and cable box, i'm still unsure about.

i assume a 50 inch screen or more is the way to go.

i am posting here because i respect the forum members here. your help is greatly appreciated and needed.

thank you,

sal

Go for the tv that looked good for you. Buy an online ups if you have frequent voltage fluctuations.

Last edited:
thank you kindly for your response.

i'll most likely go with the Panasonic 50u20d. i've read through the UPS and stabilizer past threads and still am confused, unfortunately.

we have a generator here that comes in after a few seconds only. the problem is the power from town cuts out at least a few times throughout the day and night.

i'm confused how to secure the 50 inch plasma against the power cuts and the generator coming in at what seems like more power when compared to the town's power supply.

i'm open to paying for the best ups or stabilizer or both but i'm not sure what to buy.

NOTE: i will be using headphones only with this plasma, so no audio set-up will be in the mix.

please advise me how to secure the 50 inch plasma for the generator and unreliable town power supply.

thank you very much!

-(in need of some help)!

50U20D is now replaced by 50U30D. Price is likely to be same - maybe a little more.

Not recommended to watch TV in complete darkness.

Plasma TVs consume more power. I will recommended a home inverter/UPS. A cosultant would be able to recommend the correct VA rating based on the power requirements. A stabilizer is almost essential in your case. V-Guard seems to be current favourite.

i've decided on the 50u30d. with the power being cut many times throughout the day and night and our generator coming in after only 10-15 seconds i now need to figure out how to protect this wonderful plasma tv.

i would like to get a stabilizer... i'm thinking the V-Guard Crystal.

in addition a power back also. which one... i don't know.

i will have a dvd player and tata sky hd box connected to the plasma. no audio set up as i will use headphones (neighbours).

so with the hd cable box, dvd player and plasma what do i need to do for stabilizer and inverter/ups, etc?

i'm still unable to understand what is necessary which holds me back from buying the plasma.

please help.
thank you.

thank you for your response. what brands and models should i be looking for?

again, thank you for the help here.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back