Best place in chennai to buy Denon/Wharfedale?

gman

Hi all,
I am contemplating Denon AVR and Wharfedale speaker combination. Can you suggest the best place in Chennai to get these brands?
PS: For Denon X1000, I got a quotation from AV Zone (opp Woodlands hotel) which was less than price for the same.

Hi all,
I am contemplating Denon AVR and Wharfedale speaker combination. Can you suggest the best place in Chennai to get these brands?
PS: For Denon X1000, I got a quotation from AV Zone (opp Woodlands hotel) which was 4K less than wifimart's price for the same.

As far as i know, there are few dealers for Denon in Chennai.... Pro Fx @Mount Road being the primary dealers for Denon.....

For Wharfedale's, Grand Cinema @ Kodambakkam are the delaers.....

As far as i know, there are few dealers for Denon in Chennai.... Pro Fx @Mount Road being the primary dealers for Denon.....

Hi Elangoas, Thanks for the pointers.

Btw, if it helps anyone else, Wharf MS100 black quoted 38+ K and Moviestar 70plus is 41+K at Grand Cinema. They are offering 10% discount on these rates. No luck yet with pro Fx on Denon..

For wharfedale, Grand gives good deals, I had a good experience when I went there for getting a pair of diamond 9.1s for my friend:)

Any suggestions on Blu Ray player to go with Denon X1000/Wharfe MS100 or 70+?

Thanks.

Unless you are planning to buy Blu ray Disks and watch on Blu Ray Player, do not invest in it. Rather buy a Media Player like Oppo, Popcorn Hour, Xtraemer, Asus oPlay and so on which have a built in Torrent to download Bluray Rips

I tried contacting ProFx using the contact numbers and mail id's on their website. Zero response. Phone numbers seem to be outdated. No reply to mails as well. Just FYI..

I tried contacting ProFx using the contact numbers and mail id's on their website. Zero response. Phone numbers seem to be outdated. No reply to mails as well. Just FYI..

Strange that you didn't get response...

Is this the # you got in touch with ?

PRO FX CHENNAI:
Old No:742,New No:202,
Ground Floor,Opp to TVS,
Annasalai,Chennai-600002.

Tel: 044-28418386/28418389
E-mail: [email protected] | [email protected]

Open on all days: 11 am to 9 pm

Strange that you didn't get response...

Is this the # you got in touch with ?

PRO FX CHENNAI:
Old No:742,New No:202,
Ground Floor,Opp to TVS,
Annasalai,Chennai-600002.

Tel: 044-28418386/28418389
E-mail: [email protected] | [email protected]

Open on all days: 11 am to 9 pm

Exactly! The 1st number says it's not active, second one didn't get any response.. tried on two days..

Unless you are planning to buy Blu ray Disks and watch on Blu Ray Player, do not invest in it. Rather buy a Media Player like Oppo, Popcorn Hour, Xtraemer, Asus oPlay and so on which have a built in Torrent to download Bluray Rips

+1 - invest in a good media player. Big brother OPPO (BD player with network features) fairs well in audio and video.

Hi,

Was inactive for the last 6 months due to a few other things.
Is there any dummies guide to how to use these media players and how to subscribe to torrents? Are these torrents legal in India?

What would be the top 2 options for HT within 50-60K - 100% movies (as of now, mostly thru Airtel HD STB and very rarely using DVD discs). If these torrents work out i would imagine watching 1-2 movies every weekend! Very unlikely to be using HT for music.

My priorities are crystal clear dialogues and surround effects.

Please check volumate showroom in mylapore. Contact person is Harwin Kumar. To say, a very nice person to deal with(from my experience, as I had a chance to visit the showroom to check out a wharfedale earlier) they have denon, wharfedale and the asus. I think oppo too. Just check hifiads, where he has put some of his demo items on sale, u may get his number.

Hi Gman,
I suggest you, not to go for Wharfedale.. if you are fan of stereo surrounds..)) bcoz Wharfedale are muddy not much on stereo sounds. one of my friend is having Denon with Wharfedale.
I recently bought energy speakers(5.1) with Onkyo nr-626 from Amazon.com.
am also from chennai, went to so many shops to see demo. Finally one of the senior member from Hifi Vision gave idea to pick these. I was enjoying with these package.
Energy RC-Micro 5.1 Surround Speaker System -- $349.99
Onkyo TX-NR626 7.2-Channel Network Audio/Video Receiver (Black) -- $459.99
both shipping charges + duty charges came to 68k, and amazon refunded the duty charges around 3500rs after 2 months:)

Please check volumate showroom in mylapore. Contact person is Harwin Kumar. To say, a very nice person to deal with(from my experience, as I had a chance to visit the showroom to check out a wharfedale earlier) they have denon, wharfedale and the asus. I think oppo too. Just check hifiads, where he has put some of his demo items on sale, u may get his number.

Thanks Alby Tommy. I contacted him. He suggests Yamaha V375 + Wharfedale MS100. Says doesnt have too many options under 60K. Any comments from experts on this combo? Clear Dialogues and Surround effects are priority...

Hi Gman,
I suggest you, not to go for Wharfedale.. if you are fan of stereo surrounds..)) bcoz Wharfedale are muddy not much on stereo sounds. one of my friend is having Denon with Wharfedale.
I recently bought energy speakers(5.1) with Onkyo nr-626 from Amazon.com.
am also from chennai, went to so many shops to see demo. Finally one of the senior member from Hifi Vision gave idea to pick these. I was enjoying with these package.
Energy RC-Micro 5.1 Surround Speaker System -- $349.99
Onkyo TX-NR626 7.2-Channel Network Audio/Video Receiver (Black) -- $459.99
both shipping charges + duty charges came to 68k, and amazon refunded the duty charges around 3500rs after 2 months:)

Thanks Arul. Would like to try local purchase before i give it a shot for amazon. Any equipment that can be purchased through a dealer at Chennai? Hoping for their support in case of any issues.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back