Best places to buy ACD /DSD in Delhi and surroundings

Maxprocrj

Hello Friends..

Please suggest the best palaces to buy source materials in Delhi/NCR with address.

Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for Indian albums in DSD format? I am not sure if we have any Indian album converted into DSD. For western collections there is a few websites which sell DSD files that could be downloaded. Few examples are HDTracks, DSDfile, SuperHirez, Prostudiomasters, NativeDSD, etc
However none of these allow free dowload of the files.
Thanks

Are you looking for Indian albums in DSD format? I am not sure if we have any Indian album converted into DSD. For western collections there is a few websites which sell DSD files that could be downloaded. Few examples are HDTracks, DSDfile, SuperHirez, Prostudiomasters, NativeDSD, etc
However none of these allow free dowload of the files.
Thanks

Its mainly Indian albums e.g ACDs

for audio Cds
Radio & Gramophone House
K-27, Connaught Circus, Block C, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
At this time they are closed for renovations till December but you can call and get stuff delivered to your place by calling this number. They have a huge ACD collection.

There used to be many all around Delhi with fantastic collection but most of them are closed now
will add more info if possible later on and share more shops

When you add to cart you get two options - mp3 or HD.
HD is actually wav format at 44.1 KHz sampling rate.
That’s nice, thanks. I checked the FAQ and it says their HD tracks are lossless. The pricing is decent too. Hopefully they aren’t compressed files loaded on lossless format. I’ll try downloading something that I have in CD format and compare. If it holds up well, this can be an excellent source.

Last edited:
Hello Friends..

Please suggest the best palaces to buy source materials in Delhi/NCR with address.

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure if this is correct ,but i have heard that home theatre experts is a business that provides a lot of material for enthusiasts, they are authorised dealers for some brands which I'm not sure specifically.

More recent one from 2007 Movie : Anwar. Song : Maula. Only small section of song viewed. To my untrained eyes and knowledge not much difference between mp3 and wav format. Must be high sample/bit rate mp3. Though I would recommend to go for wav format even if they look similar. HF content is up to 15k. I am ok with this. But surprised with 6k limit of old film songs(Source of these songs need to be known). Will try some indian classical if time permits.
regards

Attachments

• 2007.jpg
    2007.jpg
    649.5 KB · Views: 16
The old songs available on Saregama are not from the original releases, some of them are decent but majorly they are really bad.

Though I would recommend to go for wav format even if they look similar.
Why? If they look similar, isn't there a case to instead go for the mp3 format as it is much cheaper? (Wonder why one'd do that either when the same is available to stream on various platforms!)

Here are the spectrums that Audacity mapped for the mp3 and wav versions of the track I purchased from their site. I couldn't note any difference.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 11.04.34 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 11.04.34 AM.png
    128 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 11.05.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 11.05.12 AM.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 13
Why? If they look similar, isn't there a case to instead go for the mp3 format as it is much cheaper? (Wonder why one'd do that either when the same is available to stream on various platforms!)

Here are the spectrums that Audacity mapped for the mp3 and wav versions of the track I purchased from their site. I couldn't note any difference.
Looks like they are identical. Maybe their master copy is mp3.

Why? If they look similar, isn't there a case to instead go for the mp3 format as it is much cheaper?
These* are just some of basic (but important) visual information of the content of compressed form of mp3. There are others that I would have to search for as I have forgotten. Remember Wav file is much much larger than mp3. Where does this data go ? The data is truncated or levels reduced or approximation is used to compress. If you look carefully the high frequency low sound level (Purple area on top) has some minute differences in second sample. But since most of listeners do not have high frequency hearing and levels are very low one may not hear the difference. But I see no reason to not have best quality source material (And some times good recording and mastering) after having quality amplification and speakers.

*Level and range of music.
Regards

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back