Best soundbar+Sub-woofer - Budget Rs. 40,000

spiderbatman

Hi,

I am looking for a good quality soundbar with budget close to around 50k.
One is of course Bose Cinemate 15 but then I will need to stretch my budget by 10k

I am not able to get other good options.. any suggestions?

If Cinemate 15 is like the best out of the lot for 50k.. then perhaps I would stretch my budget as well. But I would like to know if I have other options to consider.

Please provide some suggestions :)

Hi

Soundbars are meant to enhance the audio experience when viewing the TV......so technically 2.1 ...

If you are looking at getting the 5.1 experience at home, go for a 5.1 avr + speakers which start from 30/35k onwards......Visit Home Theatre dealers around, Vijay Sales, Croma , Reliance Digital and experience these systems....then decide..

If soundbars is what you want...look at the Samsung J450....good VFM....

A couple of JBL models and even Harman Kardon is there tooo.....Philips also has some decent models....

All the best...

I have recently demo cinemate 15 at reliance digital, for movies it performing very well and for hip hop songs also good . its main unit is old desktop cabinet size and bar is small . classical OMG , not able to hear it for a min.

Please demo it before you decide, if you are not Bose freak ,demo other brands also as suggested by other members. All are in same price tag .

Any how ,you won't get , surround effect from sound bar as 5.1 does.

thanks guys.. i know it won't give me a 5.1 feel but the wiring etc is too much to take care of at this point of time in my rented apartment..

Also the fact if my tv viewing area is not quite huge.. how much difference will a 5.1 budget system will make as compared to a decent sounding soundbar..

Bose is good.. and I am definitely not a Bose freak.. but the issue is you don't find easily the premium ones for demo..

Can you please suggest some exact model names you might have tried out..

Hi..

Harmon Kardon SB26 I heard it at Harmon Kardon store here at Phoenix Mall, Bangalore.. didn't like it that much.. On the opposite of this store is Bose showroom.. Cinemate 15 is much better and almost same price.. which is anyways 10k above my budget.

Have any of you heard Philips Fidelio B5 or Samsung HW-H751? Online reviews for both of them are top notch..

I have JBL SB350. Trust me it is just awesome.

I heard Polk Sound Bar. But this one is exceptionally good in all frequency range. It's with in your budget and performs really well.

The subwoofer and soundbar connects by BT. The subwoofer is 60RMS but will shake the floor, so immersive.

Sound Bar is 1 mtr long and has twin mid range speakers and 1 inch tweeter each side.

Attachments

• full_EeoXxKkA.jpg
    full_EeoXxKkA.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I am looking for a good quality soundbar with budget close to around 50k.

While a soundbar might look to be a better option due to space, there are few compromises..

Important one is connectivity.. They might just have 1/2 optical/co-axial port + 1 HDMI input.. You will end up connecting more wires between sources & soundbar.. OTOH, even an entry level has 4 Inputs, which negates the multiple wires between source..

how much difference will a 5.1 budget system will make as compared to a decent sounding soundbar..

Depends on what you are looking for.. AVR will work for both movies & music, and additionally decode the DTS-HDMA & Dolby True HD to whatever speaker setting you have..In other words, lot more flexible & customisable..

To begin with 40K, you can start with an AVR + any 2 speakers of your choice.. Add components at intervals.. You will have a great system that will be far better than a sound bar...

Back