Best sounding (audiophile grade) bookshelf speakers

saj2001ind

Hi Guys,

I am in need of the best possible sounding bookshelf for music, budget can goto to 50k.

active speakers are preferred with small footprint

any suggestions with audition place in Pune is welcome and thanks in advance

Nothing comes close to Aktimate Mini+ in 50k. PERIOD!

Provided you want a neutral and flat yet engaging frequency response for a hifi speaker which is powered.

I use BS speakers of PSB, a Canadian Company. Following models with Marantz N-1402 AVR.

1> PSB Alpha B1 as BS (cost Rs,.16000/- per pair)
&
2> PSB Sub 125 (Cost Rs.27000/-)

Please note that BS are not active, whereas Sub is active.

Last edited:
@Techboy

Where in Pune can I audition the aktimate mini+ ? I too am interested.

I know Reference Point - Bangalore is the authorized distributor, but he does not have any setup except Bangalore.

Thanks,
Jannak

thanks buddy, actually I bought my Denon AVR from him :)

and btw there is a powered "Alpha PS1 Powered Speaker" seems to be new one, hows your setup for music specially ?

If you are interested in active (powered) speakers, you should look at active studio monitors. There are other threads in this forum you can refer to. Genelec has an excellent reputation but is also pricey. Adam and Dynaudio (note: Dynaudio makes both studio monitors and hifi speakers) are in the same league as well. KRK Rokit (lower end models of what Bhagwan suggested), and Behringer Truths might be better for your budget.

With studio monitors, you get superb value for money - the good quality ones will be bi-amped where each driver has its own dedicated amp, you get bass control so you can tweak the sound to your settings, and you generally get pretty solid build quality.

Now auditioning them will be tricky - I'm not even sure if regular hifi shops keep studio monitors. But i've only been to a couple in Pune. Maybe others can help.

(p.s. I am using the terms active and powered loosely - strictly speaking, they're different)

What is the need of active speakrr when u can rock with a tiny tripath feeding a q series of kef under 30k

thanks all guys, I actually ended up getting the NAD Viso 1, its expensive but perfect size with aptx bluetooth which is like wired music source

sound quality is absolutely amazing :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back