Best Speakers for PC under Rs. 14,000

juventino

Hi,

I'm looking to buy new speakers for my PC and TV use. So I would prefer something that allows multiple inputs. I am gonna be listening to music, watching movies and tv shows etc. I very rarely listen to hip hop and prefer music similar to Brit alternative rock, classic rock as well as stuff by prodigy, chemical brothers etc. What I definitely want is clarity. I don't want bass to overwhelm clarity/speech in music and movies.

The models I have thought about are (in no particular order):

1. Logitech Z623 2.1

2. Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II

3. Creative Gigaworks T3

4. Altec Lansing MX6021

5. M-Audio AV40

6. Bose Companion 20

Please feel free to suggest other models. I am located in Delhi so I would appreciate if you can provide latest prices and shop contact info.

By the way, my PC has on board audio and it's crappy but I will be using it for the time being and perhaps purchase a USB soundcard a couple of months later.

Thanks in advance.

I am using audioengine 2 and very satisfied with it. Doubt whether any of the models will be better than that one. Used to cost about 10k with bajaao.com when I bought from there. Has two inputs. It has superb clarity and even decent bass if you are not a bass head..goes down to about 65hz. Audio engine also sells a subwoofer which you can add later if you feel the need when your budget permits. And what you mentioned about your sound card is very important, a good source is of utmost importance, so when you buy good speakers, a good soundcard and music with decent bitrate (256 kbps or above) is essential to make your speakers sound great.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I bought Altec Lansing MX6021 from Letsbuy.com for Rs. 6.8k some 8 months back. I'm not sure whether it's still available in market

SQ is really good for the price you pay for. Low freq. response is controlled mid range and HF open up well if you are playing lossless formats like ALAC, WAV, FLACs, CDs from PC/iPod.

Currently I've connected it to TV and it gives equally good performance while watching movies and other content.

I have M-Audio AV40. Searching the forum will find posts by me and others on this speaker.

In a nutshell, I think it is good value for money as an entry level monitor. Recently, when listening to big orchestral music I find a little roughness there, maybe touching on distortion: wouldn't want to up the volume too much!

My current feeling about PC speakers is that I would either like to go for something more pro level like KRK or Genelec, or a more flexible arrangement of desktop amp and unpowered speakers. Way above my budget and yours!

The best I've heard are the Genelecs (way out of budget). Audioengine A5 is another excellent option but still above budget. I've not heard the Audioengine A2 but if they sound anything like the A5s then they should be great and in your budget.

None of the speakers you have listed perform well for music and especially your kind of music (Brit alternative rock, classic rock as well as stuff by prodigy, chemical brothers etc. What I definitely want is clarity). Altec Lansing MX5021 (predecessor to the Altec Lansing MX6021) was great for its budget... very musical but the 6021 seems to be lacking (at least from the reviews I've read online) but if you can have a listen it should help you make up your mind.

Go for a Norge Amp + Norge bookshelf / Cambridge S30 / JBL Control One. More inputs, flexible, much better performance per rupee than a multimedia system. Expect Audioengine 2.0 - those are real gems, even I have one. but less flexible, and won't beat an integrated + bookshelf combo.

Ok I am considering getting either the Creative SB X-Fi HD or M-Audio Fast Track USB an an external sound card and M-Audio AV 40s.

M-Audio AV40s are for Rs. 7500 + tax.
M-Audio Fast Track USB is for Rs. 5900 + tax
Don't know the price of the Creative X-Fi HD.

What say you?

Why dont you try the Edirol MA-15D. I saw a thread where someone was selling it on this forum. I have auditioned these speakers and they are brilliant.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back