Best subwoofer,,,price no bar

samsailo

I need an excellent sub for my denon avr 2309. Im using the Kef IQ series for centre,sorround and front. When I say exellent, I mean the best sub around.>>>
Can anyone enlighten me about Velodynes. Plis help

I need an excellent sub for my denon avr 2309. Im using the Kef IQ series for centre,sorround and front. When I say exellent, I mean the best sub around.>>> Can anyone enlighten me about Velodynes. Plis help

Have you considered KEF sub woofers?

Cheers

some of the best subs for HT are the SVS (the cylinders)..they do have a ship direct. deftech Supercubes is another one although i believe they do have an indian distributor

JL audio fanthom as well as James EMB also makes great subs for HT but the cost might be too high compared to the rest of the setup.

Last edited:
Hi,

I own a Velodyne SPL 1200R for the past 2 years. Very good sealed sub-woofer. Bass is very tight, punchy, excellent speed and I enjoy it. It comes with an auto setup/config mechanism which is also pretty useful. Velodyne makes one of the best ( SVS, Hu, Rel, Deftech Supercubes, MK etc are others) subs in the world. Their DD range subs have got pretty good reviews. As with any other audio components, audition before you buy. Good luck.

Cheers,
SilentSound.

Thanx Silentsound.

Where do you get these velodynes in the country. I have tried contacting the acoustic arts but to no avail. I am interested in the DD series.

What about the SVS? Are they good too? And what about the cylinder subs? Which is better box or cylinder? Comparing the prices, SVS sounds much cheaper but Velodynes seems to be in a class of their own.

Velodynes seemed small and compact, and I relly like to audition them but where do i find them?

in a sub a smallsize is usually a compromise..the svs cylindrical are one if the best subs around but placement is an issue due to size/shape. velodynes digital drive are also excellant subs...what is your room size ?

Hey! Sam If you'd like pl pm me your contact details i'll ask the velodyne indian distributor acoustics arts to get in touch with you.
Or Call Jignesh at +91-982513320, he'll also be able to help.
All the best.
Cheers

Last edited:
:D Price no object?

Probably the best - Eminent Technology TRW 17- you will need two of them.

spec - down to 1Hz !!

cheers

Hi Sam,

I got it from acoustic arts, New Delhi. His name is Sunny and his mobile no is 09810072060. At that time he was the distributor for India. Nice guy to deal with. The only issue was I had to pay an advance of 5% and wait for 6 weeks to get the sub. It was almost December and he had to wait for the holiday season to get over in the US. I believe Sound & Vision, Pune is one of the dealer for Velodyne. Please check with them too.

Cheers,
SilentSound.

Thanks guys.

Will be contacting these people as soon as possible.

Lately I read the review of Definitive reference sub,and they seemed nice with 1800 RMS. My room is 20X12 foot.

Any more suggestions?

Hey!
The Jignesh guy i mentioned in my earlier post is a THX & HAA trained & certified installer. He is friendly & articulate as far a home audio is concerned you should def talk to him.
All the best.
cheers

samsailo, another option you could keep in mind is using 2 smaller subwoofers instead of 1 large one. ideally for your room 2 10" subs placed on adjacent corners will not only provide slightly more SPL than a 12" one but will also cancel out room nodes and room dependent "boom".

try the REL

I see you are looking for the 'Best Sub' . Try the REL, if you really meant it. In this field where subjectivity and personal opinion rules to a great extent, there are few brands that evoke instant respect and admiration from people pertaining to different schools of thoughts and unify them as audiophiles

REL is one such brand when it comes to sub woofers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back