Best way to connect 4 Hard disc's to different Display's...

mdharan

Hello !
Kindly advice me :
I have 4 Hard disc's and i have 4 display points (HT, Hall TV and Bedroom
TV and a Desktop) how can i connect all of them, will LAN cable is enough? and how ?

Murali.

NAS is the best solution.

I use a Netgear NAS shared over wifi and face no problems even with HD videos being streamed on two devices at the same time.

Not sure what is connected to what in your setup chain but you need to ensure at least one component in the chain is network enabled

Your LG TV is wifi enabled but you need to buy wifi adapter, google chromecast can be an easy option here Amazon.in: Buy Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player Online at Low Prices in India | Google Reviews & Ratings if you have a wifi setup already

Next check if your Copa media player has a ethernet port, in that case keeping it wired to wifi router or PC can allow it to access networked locations. And if your media player if the playback source of stored files (movies) then media player router is better option and no need to enable wifi / chromecast in tv

Your Pioneer BDP 450 also supports ethernet LAN

Finally your desktop, you may connect all HDDs to this and install media servers like Serviio or Plex to stream media as DLNA servers which can be readily played back by your DLNA clients (BDP, Media Player, TV with chromecast). But the downside is that even if you are not viewing the movie in the desktop but to enable streaming to other devices you have to keep it on all the time, if such scenarios can happen only once a week, desktop is better option, otherwise see below option.

If you do not have budget for a NAS then you may consider products like the one below
Iomega iConnect Wireless Data Station Review & Rating | PCMag.com

For lan connection, ideally all ethernet enabled devices should have automatic / fixed ip setup in router and connected via ethernet LAN cable to router including your desktop or the NAS.

Hello and thankyou every one trying to help me,
Its all internal hard discs of 2 tb each, now iam using it with docking station in my HT along with xtreamer all the 8 tbs work simultaneously, since I want to connect 2 tvs and projector and keeping all the hard discs at one place, were I would like to power on and to browse the files from different locations,
What is the easiest and economical way to do it ?
NAS ? will be a higher budget I think when I enclose 4 hard discs,

Hello haisaikat!
Can you give me a detailed information how iomega iconnect works in simple languge, also my new UV 40" TV has no LAN input, it having on hdmi & usb only.since I was not that much tecnical person I would like to have it as plug and play type option.

Once again thankyou for every one trying to helpme in this regard.

Murali.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back